Seriously??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HaHa not surprised...
They kill you on the little things that only matter to the eye.

I never understood why it wasn't the same color as the rest of the area...

I think mine is missing too. On the right side of the shifter is something white looking like a cap is missing.
BTW, I'm new to the LX ... what is that for anyway?

Pressing the white shift lock button allows you to shift gears when you have no power. Like if you need to roll a truck with a dead battery.

It's a $3 part:

33554-60130 - Genuine Lexus COVER, SHIFT LOCK RELEASE BUTTON

Trying to learn more about my LX.
Is this what you are referring to - see photo.
So its function is to allow you to move the Gear Shift Lever.
Most cars will allow you to move that lever as long as you have turned the Ignition Switch.
I'm assuming that the Ignition Interlock is electrically controlled rather than mechanically controlled.

I checked the maintenance history at Lexus.com on my LX and it does have an instance
where the vehicle would not start and the battery had to be replaced. Perhaps that
plastic cover was removed then. I think I recall finding a black piece of plastic and
wondered what it was. Hope I did not throw it away.
Selection_613.jpg

Trying to learn more about my LX.
Is this what you are referring to - see photo.
So its function is to allow you to move the Gear Shift Lever.
Most cars will allow you to move that lever as long as you have turned the Ignition Switch.
I'm assuming that the Ignition Interlock is electrically controlled rather than mechanically controlled.

I checked the maintenance history at Lexus.com on my LX and it does have an instance
where the vehicle would not start and the battery had to be replaced. Perhaps that
plastic cover was removed then. I think I recall finding a black piece of plastic and
wondered what it was. Hope I did not throw it away.
View attachment 1280164

Yes. Although yours appears to be the 98-02 style which is a different part #: 33554-60100. $1.35 at toyotaonlineparts.com

Interlock is electrically controlled, but the release button is mechanical, allowing you to bypass the interlock in the event the vehicle has no power.

If your brake light fuse blows, the interlock won't allow you to shift into gear even with the ignition on. So one would need to press shift lock release button to be able to drive out of the woods to go find some fuses.

Yes. Although yours appears to be the 98-02 style which is a different part #: 33554-60100. $1.35 at toyotaonlineparts.com

Interlock is electrically controlled, but the release button is mechanical, allowing you to bypass the interlock in the event the vehicle has no power.

If your brake light fuse blows, the interlock won't allow you to shift into gear even with the ignition on. So one would need to press shift lock release button to be able to drive out of the woods to go find some fuses.

Thanks. That is the type of information I like. Lot to learn about these 100's.

Yeah, I thought the price was a little ridiculous too. I ordered it from my dealer here in Knoxville for $6.58!!

Wait up here, I thought the were called stealerships???

Just kidding, I had to. So many people on here talk s*** about them. I know not all are equal but come on guys.

Yeah, I thought the price was a little ridiculous too. I ordered it from my dealer here in Knoxville for $6.58!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom