Series 100 - hard to shift into LOW RANGE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1999 - bought it new and only need to use "low range" when I pull my boat out of the water --steep ramp.
Winter is here in New England so I wanted to "exercise it ". I tried to pull it into LOW Range and it was really stiff and on the first attempt it partially engaged. It fully engaged on the second try, but was really stiff, meaning super hard to pull the lever back.
Question:
Are there "lubrication points on the linkage? Any suggestions.
Super rare to need it, but wanted to get ahead of this in case I need low range this winter.
Thanks

How often do you use the low range?

Do you try it while in "D" and engine running? Try shifting while engine is off, engine running but in "P" any change in the force required to get to the low range? I think you have to have in park before shifting to low range.

How often do you use the low range?

Do you try it while in "D" and engine running? Try shifting while engine is off, engine running but in "P" any change in the force required to get to the low range? I think you have to have in park before shifting to low range.
Thanks for the reply - yes in neutral engine off. I have owned this LC since new. It has always been super easy to move the lever into low range - but today it was super hard. Feels like the resistance is in the linkage ???
Not the transfer case or “ mechanical internals”
Just looking for any insights into how or what to lubricate ???

Whenever engaging to low range, put the transmission in neutral and remove foot from the brake/clutch pedal and then move small gear lever into 4L. With foot on brake/clutch pedal it is very hard to engage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom