Second / Auxiliary / House Battery Location: OEM Spare Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

Kicking the tires on a larger second / aux / house battery. Of course when talking about a bigger lithium battery, size and space in a 100 series is probably the biggest constraint.

Engine bay isn’t ideal - based on heat concerns.

Anywhere in the cabin takes of valuable space. Many of us have relocated our OEM spare wheel and tire to the back.

What’s stopping us from developing a battery hanger/mount - with silicone holes/sealed with weatherstripping and running wires to a redarc manager/bus bar/power panel somewhere in the truck?

Has anyone here explored this idea before?

I have mine there already, I’m trying to go lithium .. which my understanding is it doesn’t really want to be in the engine bay

@jackhossross I just realized you have a '98. That right rear spot where the AC unit normally goes might be a good spot for you. If it's still not enough room, you can swap out the interior panel from a rear AC equipped 100. It's about a 3" difference.

IMG_20100918_182921.jpg

You would not be the first person to run an aux battery outside the vehicle. Maybe in a 100series sure, but plenty of other off-road vehicles do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom