Seats for a FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found some great fitting seats for my '40. They're out of a Saturn, they're small, decent bolsters, adjustable lumbar supports and have removable headrests. Saturns are pleantiful in the boneyards around here and they are not too pricey.
When I got my FJ, it had bench/bucket combo seat out of a Monte Carlo. It was mounted to a skillfully fashioned 2x4, CCA and fastened to the pan with sheetmetal screws shot in from underneath. Quite and engineering marvel. A buddy gave me some aftermarket pickup highbacked buckets, and they worked OK until I went to install a Tuffy console. Even the 6.5 inch was a tight fit.
I'm thinking about changing my seat brackets to allow both seats to tilt forward allowing access to the back without going through the liftup/saloon doors. Any suggestions for a simple latch setup?
Thanks for listening
Ed Long

My seat brackets were gone, so I had to start from scratch. I fabbed them out of 1" square tubing. I would have made the old seats flip up, but the backs were too tall and they hit the windshield before they allowed access to the back. These seats are small enough and the backs flip forward enough to allow almost a tumble type design. When I think and drink my way through a design, I'll post it if anyone would be interested. Thanks for the reply.

G'day all,
I just joined the site, and thought Id put in my 2 cents: I put in 90-95 SR5 4Runner seats, and they fit with very little effort in the '79-'84 40 series. They are extreemely comfy, grey (or other colours) with good support and adjustable lumbar, etc. Best part is: they are Toyota.

Hey Patches,
Welcome and thanks for the reply. My '40 is a '66 and I've done some upgrading and managed to keep it mostly Toyo, but the best part of these particular seats is that they are FREE! That is an imprtant factor when nearing the end of a moneypit project.
G'day to you,
Ed Long

Re: Seats for an FJ

Yeah, free is an excellent price, isn't it? Money pit? A Land Cruiser? I have two of them and I've no idea what you mean, I like having a thin wallet, as it is more comfy to sit on.......
Cheers,
Josh Boltrek

I really liked my Volvo seats too.

DSC00404.jpg

What model volvo do those seats come out of?? Would i be able to mount my seat belts to it?? I have the factory shoulder harness set.

i went to the junk yard looking for those volvo seets this weekend the only ones they had were all towrn up so i got some out of a small chevy car for 25$ each they look great an they recline and flip foward i mounted them but it took serious modfication to make them fit

What model volvo do those seats come out of??  Would i be able to mount my seat belts to it??  I have the factory shoulder harness set.

They are out of a 740. The non-power ones are good. Lots of adjustments. Mine are heated as well.
They have seat belts built in, but there is a debate as to whether the seats are well enough mounted in a 40 configuation to be safe for seat belts. Since they use stock mounting position and mounts, there's no reason to beleive the stock belts won't fit.

I have a four point so I don't know about the stock belts. I never tried installing them.

They are leather. For me a bonus, for others not so much. Personnally when I cruise around in my leopard print thong, I want my hairy butt cheeks rubbin on dead cow. :D

Personnally when I cruise around in my leopard print thong, I want my hairy butt cheeks rubbin on dead cow.  :D

OK. I vote that a moderator has to approve all of Todd's posts from now on. :D

They are leather. For me a bonus, for others not so much. Personnally when I cruise around in my leopard print thong, I want my hairy butt cheeks rubbin on dead cow.
That has got to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

OK.  I vote that a moderator has to approve all of Todd's posts from now on.   :D

I'll second that vote....

oh wait...he IS a moderator....

Gotta find an :upchuck: icon one of these days...heh heh

:eek:

what a visual, so much for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom