Seatbelt mount rusted away

Pulled the carpet out of my 80 today (it smelled terrible and was disgusting)

When I started to remove one of the seatbelt bolts the carpet twisted with the bolt. I looked inside the fender well and the entire mount had rusted away, the only thing holding it together was the rubber undercoating.

Right now I'm planning on trying to find a patch pannel to replace the entire area, any other ideas to fix this?

Going to have to fab a large patch panel and weld it in place.
That's a pretty important place so you want to do it right......

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star

Holy smokes! Man! All I can think is welding a repair... Gotta cut away all the nastiness, fab a patch, and weld it in.

Yeah I sent Mel Lowe a message, hope he can cut me a patch panel that I can weld in place once I cut away the cancer. The weird thing is I haven't found much rust anywhere else.

Yeah I sent Mel Lowe a message, hope he can cut me a patch panel that I can weld in place once I cut away the cancer. The weird thing is I haven't found much rust anywhere else.
Did you fix this? I have the same issue

Bringing this back from the dead. Decided to remove the undercoating from my other wheel well and found this.

If you have an 80 series and your mid row seatbelt anchors look suspect I highly encourage you to remove the undercoating for a look. There was no sign of any rust from the inside and the mount felt solid.
5234D438-BC9E-481F-923C-36190DD0E536.jpeg

Top Bottom