school me on rock box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so ive been google searching and searching on here and cant find a whole lot of info. i just bought a AA rock box connected to a sm465 and was trying to figure the ratio of the rock box and just general info. i see that AA discontinued them in 09ish so there is no info on there site. so does anyone have one? know the ratios they came in? how there holding up? thanks!

Last edited:
There is a reason why there are not making them any longer....
hmmm, someone told me was between the 203 kit and the orion that AA sells there wasnt enough interest and thats why they stopped making them

i've got one that i bought new about 5 years ago.... it's 4:1.....never had any problems with it (knock on wood)

Believe they were all 3.44:1 :confused:. I have one that is mated to an sm420 but its never been run. It came with an unfinished project I have yet to start on, so no feedback yet.

Was this cheaper than an Orion? You were concerned about cost on another thread.

Add up the cost of the 465 + Rockbox, drivelines, and any other modifications and see if it is cheaper than an Orion.

I would do a sm420 over an Orion as it's a third the Price if not cheaper, orions are bling but spendy.

Was this cheaper than an Orion? You were concerned about cost on another thread.

Add up the cost of the 465 + Rockbox, drivelines, and any other modifications and see if it is cheaper than an Orion.
i bought it for about a 1/3 the price of a orion and i was in the next step of needed drivelines so figured i would do this while im at it. im putting the 465/rockbox/3speed case in my fj45 and taking the sm420 out of the 45 and putting it in the wifes 40

I've wheeled with a couple of guys that have them, no problems as far as I can see. Bbumble40 on the Battle Born board has been running his for over 5 years I believe, he routinely does all the local trails. ;)

Believe they were all 3.44:1 :confused:. I have one that is mated to an sm420 but its never been run. It came with an unfinished project I have yet to start on, so no feedback yet.

you are right, they came in 3.44 and 2.2 versions

Last edited:
aa rock box

just googled:cheers::

The New Rock Box from Advance Adapters

7238800vvf.jpg

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom