School me on 9.50's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any thoughts on a 31X10.5 and the 2.5" lift? Will it look odd and need the 33X10.5?

Driving Daisy said:
Any thoughts on a 31X10.5 and the 2.5" lift? Will it look odd and need the 33X10.5?

I had 31X10.50's on a 2.5" lift and thought it needed bigger tires. It looked better than stock, but the gap bugged me. I've seen pics of 33X10.50's on 2.5" lifts, and I think they look great.

High Desert said:
I think BFG has stopped making the 33X9.5 in both the AT and the MT.

Yeah, I called Costco, they don't make 9.50's anymore, and I think there's good reason for that, the 10.50's not only look better, but I think also offer more stability. I would go with the BFG's rather than the Les Schwab brand, it's just a generic tire probably made by Kelly Springfield or someone and every bit as expensive as the BFG. For that matter I wouldn't buy a damn thing from Les Schwab, I have priced them a million times on wheels and tires and they are consistently higher than anyone, they're banking on their image, buy I'm not sold!

Costco is the cheapest, but not much selection, Discount Tire is next best with better selection.

Got my 33x10.50 MTRs at Discount along with 8" steel wheels. Replaced 33x2.50s that were almost bald. Drives a lot better. I'm running clapped-out stock springs & 22-yr-old shackle lift with 4.10s on an '84. Ran fine with the 2F. Real pleasant to drive with the 5.7 Vortec.

Tinker said:
Got my 33x10.50 MTRs at Discount along with 8" steel wheels. Replaced 33x2.50s that were almost bald. Drives a lot better. I'm running clapped-out stock springs & 22-yr-old shackle lift with 4.10s on an '84. Ran fine with the 2F. Real pleasant to drive with the 5.7 Vortec.

MTRs? I thought that the only 33" tire available in the MTR line was the 33X12.50?! Please confirm that these are MTRs.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom