Scene Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a FYI regarding scene lights for roof racks.

I was looking for scene lights to mount on the Prinsu rack on my LX. Ordered some AuxBeam 4" lights, but although they were nice, they did not fit the bill for mounting and beam pattern. I was looking for something to illuminate the area around the truck while camping. It needed a wide dispersal pattern, low amp draw, and to mount cleanly on the rack.

The only lights that fit the requirements were the Rigid Industries DC Scene Flood Lights (1x2 65 Degree). On Amazon they're about $117 each, Rigid high prices (for good products).
You'll also need a wiring harness, as nothing is included with the lights. I used the Nilight LED Light Bar 15 FT Wiring Harness Kit - 2 Leads 16AWG, more than enough to power more of these if you wanted to run them. About $17.50 for the harness. I removed the control switch during mounting as it's actuated by the Auxbeam AR-800 Switch Controller.

Note: The light is available in white or amber. I always opt for amber due to superior visibility in fog/snow/rain, and less attraction for bugs. White is better for general visibility if it's unimpeded.

Attached are a few pictures of this light on the rack.

20230602_215022.jpg

20230602_215036.jpg

20230602_222536.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom