Saying Hi! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey team — long-time lurker, just saying hi. I'm about to make a post about some parts issues I have, so I wanted you to know I'm real and excited to chat.

We have a 2000 Land Cruiser, mostly stock but we goof around on fixes as they arise. Some quick pics are attached (but we live in Lexington, KY: these are from the road).

Thanks! — Shawn

IMG_7985.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8100.JPG

IMG_8196.JPG

Hey team — long-time lurker, just saying hi. I'm about to make a post about some parts issues I have, so I wanted you to know I'm real and excited to chat.

We have a 2000 Land Cruiser, mostly stock but we goof around on fixes as they arise. Some quick pics are attached (but we live in Lexington, KY: these are from the road).

Thanks! — Shawn

View attachment 3297512

View attachment 3297513

View attachment 3297514

View attachment 3297515
Awesome pics and nice looking truck. I've never really driven in a desert environment like that. What state / time of year is that?

Let us know what you need help with, these forums are pretty active and have endless amounts of info available.

I usually do a Google with my question followed by " 100 series ih8mud" and it works way better than the search tool here.

For example. " help figure out driveline clunking 100 series ih8mud "

Last edited:
Awesome pics and nice looking truck. I've never really driven in a desert environment like that. What state / time of year is that?

Let us know what you need help with, these forums are pretty active and have endless amounts of info available.

I usually do a Google with my question followed by " 100 series ih8mud" and it works way better than the search tool here.

For example. " help figure out driveline clunking 100 series ih8mud "
Thanks @Mike NXP. It looks like my help post was actually deleted, they said it needs to be in Classifieds, but my question is actually looking for advice on where to sell. I just reposted it on the Classified forum, but I don't think it's really a classified listing.

Any thought son this? This is the message I (just re-)posted. To be honest I've never had this sort of headache, with such expensive parts and such specificity.

Thanks @Mike NXP. It looks like my help post was actually deleted, they said it needs to be in Classifieds, but my question is actually looking for advice on where to sell. I just reposted it on the Classified forum, but I don't think it's really a classified listing.

Any thought son this? This is the message I (just re-)posted. To be honest I've never had this sort of headache, with such expensive parts and such specificity.
Oh gotcha, I think I saw that post.

In regards to your parts order, does their terms of sale on website say no returns? Maybe call and beg for mercy so they take it back? Maybe offer tio pay for shipping or a re-stock fee if you get desperate.

Otherwise, I don't know what to advice. I bet if you list the part number and it's new in the box , it would sell on ebay for near full price but it may take a long time until someone needs it

As for ordering the right part, did you put your VIN in with toyotapartsdeal? Putting in your VIN with a reliable parts distributor should solve all problems of which part is the proper one for your truck.

Has it been over 30 days? Was it HAZMAT or did it have any fluids in it?

Return Policy - ToyotaPartsDeal.com - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/service/toyota-return_policy.html

1. How can I return an item?​

A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form is required for all returns. Customers must contact us within 30 calendar days of delivery date to receive an RMA, unless it is concerning incorrect, missing, damaged, or defective parts. Please see "when do I need an RMA?" for details. To obtain an RMA form, please contact us through email. Our RMA agents will respond back in 24 to 48 hours. We require this time to investigate and resolve the situation accordingly before we can send an RMA form.

Oh gotcha, I think I saw that post.

In regards to your parts order, does their terms of sale on website say no returns? Maybe call and beg for mercy so they take it back? Maybe offer tio pay for shipping or a re-stock fee if you get desperate.

Otherwise, I don't know what to advice. I bet if you list the part number and it's new in the box , it would sell on ebay for near full price but it may take a long time until someone needs it

As for ordering the right part, did you put your VIN in with toyotapartsdeal? Putting in your VIN with a reliable parts distributor should solve all problems of which part is the proper one for your truck.

Has it been over 30 days? Was it HAZMAT or did it have any fluids in it?

Return Policy - ToyotaPartsDeal.com - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/service/toyota-return_policy.html

1. How can I return an item?​

A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form is required for all returns. Customers must contact us within 30 calendar days of delivery date to receive an RMA, unless it is concerning incorrect, missing, damaged, or defective parts. Please see "when do I need an RMA?" for details. To obtain an RMA form, please contact us through email. Our RMA agents will respond back in 24 to 48 hours. We require this time to investigate and resolve the situation accordingly before we can send an RMA form.
Yeah I feel you on the idea of calling them. I did that, quite a bit, and they've just been super clear that they aren't going to help. I've spent about 10 hours on that, and the RMA manager (Joe) just reinforced that they will "continue to deny it" because it's not their fault that it doesn't fit. That's not quite how I feel about it, but I think I need to find another solution. And yeah my VIN was used, it's in the screenshot on the other post.

So yeah it's a headache, but I think now I need to act like I need to sell them myself.

Yeah I feel you on the idea of calling them. I did that, quite a bit, and they've just been super clear that they aren't going to help. I've spent about 10 hours on that, and the RMA manager (Joe) just reinforced that they will "continue to deny it" because it's not their fault that it doesn't fit. That's not quite how I feel about it, but I think I need to find another solution. And yeah my VIN was used, it's in the screenshot on the other post.

So yeah it's a headache, but I think now I need to act like I need to sell them myself.
What's there reason for not taking it back, what box does it not check on their return policy. Over 30 days? hazmat?

I can understand both sides of this one but their website shows it's compatible based on your VIN and now it's not working, that's not your fault at all. You can either go with the angry mom approach and beat them up more or tap out...... Ask for their reason for not accepting the return.

If you've given up on that concept it might sell on ebay, or you can keep an eye on forums here for people who's master fails and they are looking to order, but then again what if it doesn't fit the next persons setup either. IDK

Th
What's there reason for not taking it back, what box does it not check on their return policy. Over 30 days? hazmat?

I can understand both sides of this one but their website shows it's compatible based on your VIN and now it's not working, that's not your fault at all. You can either go with the angry mom approach and beat them up more or tap out...... Ask for their reason for not accepting the return.

If you've given up on that concept it might sell on ebay, or you can keep an eye on forums here for people who's master fails and they are looking to order, but then again what if it doesn't fit the next persons setup either. IDK
They said it's because I didn't type the VIN into the first order. But when I showed that it matches they just said tough luck... like they've said it a lot.

I'll stick with eBay but if anyone sees this and has other platform suggestions, let me know!

Toyotapartsdeal is a dumpster fire, there are many threads here on the subject.

Most of us were duped once and learned to never work with them again. They got me on a power steering pump a few years ago. Shipped me a reman 6 weeks late in a box with a few other small parts. No packaging, just a big box. Pump bashed around and probably fell out as the carrier re-taped it. Pump was dinged up and the intake port bent. The little parts were to the wind, almost everything but the pump was missing. TPD couldn't be bothered to answer which sealed the deal for me.

Cruiser outfitters for most service items and McGeorge/Stevinson Toyota for the rest is the go to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom