Say hello to my new FJC Nessie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cabrito

I noticed that Nessie is not using the "Cabrito" plates,did you retire those plates or hang them in your garage?does this mean you won't be visiting the 60's forum?:frown:

Cabrito said:
I just bought a 2011 FJ Cruiser. I'm calling her "Nessie"

Apparently according to some other FJ Forums it's a "NSSE" which stands for "Not So Special Edition" Thus the name Nessie.
Something about incomplete builds that were intended to be TT editions, but due to the disaster in Japan they were shipped early in "as is" condition.

It has the special mysterious Upgrade package #3 plus several other options like the lights and roof rack.

Poor old Tomato Red (my FJ62) is going to be sold.. :frown:

I can't wait to get my Fridge in the back and get it all outfitted with my ham radio and stuff..

No major mods planned. I'm planning on keeping it stock.

We introduced the new vehicle to the forest behind our house in LC today.

Sweet!

I noticed that Nessie is not using the "Cabrito" plates,did you retire those plates or hang them in your garage?does this mean you won't be visiting the 60's forum?:frown:

I turned in my plates with plans to put the plate on my Motorcycle.

60's forum? What's that? ;)

If I remember correctly those were destined to be TRD special edition trucks. They have most of the stuff like the blacked out trim, but they never got the wheels, stickers, etc. Southeast Toyota had an upgrade package for those that included wheels and a few other items. Pretty sick FJ. I like that color combo. Congrats.

NSSE's are the Best!!

(but I am a little biased)

im i am remembering right, the not so special edition were FJCs that were going to be Trail Teams, but because of the earthquake in japan at that time, they couldn't source all the TT parts so they threw them together to get them out and sold. If my memory serves me correctly, there is about 50 documented NSSE's..and they think (according to the internet) there is maybe 200 in existence..so its the rarest of the FJC's

Makes me jealous- i own the most uncommon combo of Trail Teams that was ever produced..according the the internet. 2010 + 6mt

Heres the shimmy from the blue room on TTSE and TTNSSE from 2011. Because of earthquakes and Tsunamis "some" TTSE from 2011 came with "upgrade3" i.e. steel wheels and street tires, no TTSE shocks and no badges, i.e. not really TTSE. Only 2500 TTSE from 2011 were shipped. 499473-complete-fj-cruiser-special-edition-guide.html
Hope there is good info here for you, the Nessie might be somewhat rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom