Sawmill Trail 9-25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one up for a run up Sawmill trail Sunday 7-25? Plan was floated at the last B-N-T meeting. Some may be heading out Saturday to camp on Thomas Mt.

The SD group is overdue for an organized wheeling event and this is a great local run. Who's in??
Santa Rosa 2008 006.jpg
Santa Rosa 2008 017.jpg

Last edited:
Run is planned for this month 7-25

We are planning on going this month 7-25.

I'm still planning on it. We may be staying at vail lake though. Any interest in going on Saturday instead of Sunday up sawmill?

I'm interested in Saturday and camping overnight.

I'm still planning on it. We may be staying at vail lake though. Any interest in going on Saturday instead of Sunday up sawmill?

Possibly- Mike is interested in camping on Thomas Mt.

I'm interested in Saturday and camping overnight.

Stay tuned

Are you gonna take a chainsaw this time?

You need to go so I can try out my new winch on your 80:D

Tim I would be interested how do you the 45 would do ?

Rob- I think you could do it- may be a couple tight turns- but your wheelin experience would get you through

gonna try and make it, will check back here for meet up time / location.....

Noah

just load up that new cadillac and go:flipoff2:

Sorry I'll miss this one. I'll make it up there some time this summer. I'm coming back from mtn biking in Park City that weekend.

Hope you get many flats and abducted by fundmentalist mormons.:flipoff2:

as long as she's a hot mormon(s), I'm good with that!

I'm looking fwd to PC in the summer. I've only been there for snowboarding. Still bringing my own alcohol though...

fingers crossed

I am going to try to make this one...

I won't be able to make this trip. We're heading out on the shakedown run in the new rig: Sedona, Chaco Canyon, San Juan Mtns, Moab, Canyonlands, Bryce.

So it looks like I will not be camping this time, but plan to make it up sunday for a ride. So Tim and I talked about meeting at the dairy queen in anza at 9:00 am July 25 and then going from there. Does work for everyone? Can the camping folks easily meet us here?

I also forgot to ask, do you need an adventure pass here?

So it looks like I will not be camping this time, but plan to make it up sunday for a ride. So Tim and I talked about meeting at the dairy queen in anza at 9:00 am July 25 and then going from there. Does work for everyone? Can the camping folks easily meet us here?

I am definetly doing Sunday- Saturday plans are not set yet. Dairy Queen in Anza @ 9:00 a.m.- with a departure around 9:20-9:30 a.m. That would get us to the parking area at the Trailhead by 9:45 and after airing down hitting the trail at 10:00 a.m.

Those camping on Thomas Mountain could meet us at the Trail head parking lot which is in the Pinyon Pines area off the 74 on the way to Palm Desert.

I also forgot to ask, do you need an adventure pass here?

It is in the SB National Forest so you should have one-I do not think you would get cited for what we are doing- driving through- but it is only $5.00 bucks for a day pass.

I am still planning on camping Saturday afternoon/evening and then can be at the trailhead at 9:45 Sunday. If anyone else is planning to camp, we could set a meeting time in Anza for Saturday afternoon.

I am heading up there tomorrow so I'll prerun it for you. If anyone is interested, check the SoCal80s section.

I am still planning on camping Saturday afternoon/evening and then can be at the trailhead at 9:45 Sunday. If anyone else is planning to camp, we could set a meeting time in Anza for Saturday afternoon.

Mike-

I should be able to make the saturday run. Posted up in the BNT site about running Duranso valley \Beauty peak areas. This area is North east of Oak Grove and Southwest of Anza . It would be a good prelude for Sundays run and allow us to meet up with the Sunday group without too much backtracking. Camping would be considered dry as this aea is remote BLM land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom