saturday trail ride (1 Viewer)

which day works for you

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

welcome.

Awesome pic. That's still one region i haven't been to yet.
Where in Oregon are you from?
My Dad is out in Beaverton and we used to bowhunt elk every year in Timber on the coast and in Hepner in Eastern Oregon.

Born and raised in Portland (Sellwood neighborhood); I'm a 7th gen Oregonian actually, but I have been in exile for the last 6 yrs, spent time in Louisiana, California and now N Virginia.

I haven't seen a trail in forever (much less the 60)! I might be able to go assuming I can get the truck inspected.

Haha! Yeah I wish! I'm definitely down for getting the truck dirty this summer..

NOOOooo!

I refuse to drive anything from this millennium.

It is an interesting group where "high tech" and "new" comes from a 12 year old vehicle with almost 190,000 miles on it. That is almost brand new to most.:lol:

Folks:
If you are up for other "strangers" joining you, I think the Mrs. (Sonya) and I would like to do this trail as well. I will let you know as soon as possible if we cannot make it, otherwise, we are in and will plan to be at the IHOP in Gainesville on 4/7. Would we be rolling from there at the appointed time listed earlier, and if so, is the recommendation to get there earlier if you actually want to eat breakfast?

Hey all, I would love to crash your party on the 7th. I just drove my 80 from Oregon to VA a few weeks ago, and I'm dieing to get out and start wheeling here on the east coast.

Cheers,
Matt

[URL="http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6107/6998981853_942b61f257_c.jpg"][URL="http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6107/6998981853_942b61f257_c.jpg"] [/URL][/URL]
Canyonlands National Park by blindranger, on Flickr

Matt,

Welcome to the group and the East Coast!

Great looking truck!:cheers:
Just curious - what happened to the running boards?:rolleyes: Looks cool with out them.;)
Just curious again - what kind of lights do you have on the front bumper?:clap:

PEGUSAS -
Thanks for the welcome! Much to my wife's chagrin the running boards were out and the factory mudflaps were on before she even saw the LC for the first time. That said the plan is to pick up some slider steps in the near future to make everyone happy.

As too the lights, I ended up installing a single Hella 4000 Euro beam and Hella 4000 Cornering beam, instead of going the route of a matched pair. On trails, in the wood or on a mountain road I wish I picked up a pair of cornering beams, but all in all I think the combo makes for a good compromise.

Fernando

What is the schedule?
How many trucks and how many people are expected?

I should be able to meet up at the gainsville ihop.
One truck(my green fj40), and two people, no cb coms. Cell/visual only.

How about everyone not going to the meeting tonight reply IF YOU ARE going on Saturday &, if so, with how many trucks/people.
Also, for food/lunch should everyone just fend for themselves this time to make it easier?

I'm coming, 1 truck, and 3 people. We'll take care of ourselves for food and meet everyone at the [STRIKE]IHOP in Gainesville.[/STRIKE] gas station off I-81

Last edited:
RSVP

Attending:

My Cruiser (hopefully running with no issues) and two friends in their own vehicles. Will have all our own provisions and meet the group at the gas station off I-81.

Michael

I'm attending the meeting tonight and plan to make it out this Saturday.

I just called the ranger station and Peter's Mill Run trail is open.

A roll call here and at the meeting tonight would be best. Agenda:

Proposed Agenda--Saturday April 7th -- Peter's Mill Run

0745-0845 Meet somewhere for breakfast (from the East, i'll be stopping @ IHOP in Gainsville, just off 66 in the mall to the east of 29, I'll be there by 7:45am, rolling out in an hour)

0930 meet at Edinburg Shell Station, just off the east side of exit #279 on I-81 to buy day-pass $5/vehicle (please be prompt, we'll be rolling out "by 10am" so people with afternoon deadlines aren't hurting)

1000-1400 Trail Ride; the trail head is east of town across the river on SR 675. The trail is identified on Google Maps as "Powell Mountain Trail". It goes North/Northeast for about 15 miles.

Optional: The north side ends near Woodstock Tower, with great views over the "Seven Bends" of the Shenandoah River. We'll have to make time to hike the 1/4 mile to the actual tower and take in the vistas over the treetops!
1400-1500 Firetower climb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom