Saturday or Sunday day trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did this happen? Or fizzle? We can confirm corral canyon is open for wheeling, but no camping. If you want to reschedule for next week, we’d be in for Corral 👍 :p

I did end up going solo. Ran Bronco Peak and made the trip down the backside. There was some carnage.

I’m heading on a camping trip over the long weekend but would be up for another run in a couple weeks.

Brian

BB3CB40A-AF9A-4818-8655-92FA8ABE20DD.jpeg

45A4EEDF-1867-4055-A353-7EC1108B36EA.jpeg

I did end up going solo. Ran Bronco Peak and made the trip down the backside. There was some carnage.

I’m heading on a camping trip over the long weekend but would be up for another run in a couple weeks.

Brian

View attachment 2309978

View attachment 2309979
Nice! Sorry we were late to your thread. I say if you’re sure you’d be up to go again in two weeks, we all plan on that. Plus it’ll be a little more notice for everyone. Maybe start a new thread and limit it to a half dozen rigs or so?

Carnage you say? Pics! Explanation!

This trip represents an expensive lesson. Don’t solo the tough trails. The west side of Bronco Peak is no joke, very tough and arguably too tight for an 80. I got myself stuck between two rocks (no damage at this point). I needed to jack up and stack rocks to get out but had my jack fail. Ended up hiking out and having to call the wife for a rescue. I’m sure I will not hear the end of this adventure for a while. Ended up coming back on Sunday with some help and a high lift to get unstuck. On the way out there are some very narrow off camber obstacles that left me a hard reminder of the trai.

Now the question is to fix or just make this a dedicated trail rig and not worry about the bodywork. Maybe should start a poll.

BCB940F0-C0D1-4CFB-9044-BFCB8285B6F9.jpeg

FD43BF14-47CA-490C-B875-2DCDE3363AC1.jpeg

C44B87D9-00DA-49C6-A469-BBF4E3B58E01.jpeg

Bummer Brian! I say it just earned it's place as a dedicated "Trail Rig". I'm still crying a little every time I walk around the passenger side of my rig. I guess I won't be following you guys on Bronco Peak.

To anyone that reads this: If ever your are stuck, broke down, in a tight spot and don't want to move...….
CALL ME! I'll drop everything and come help. It doesn't matter how far.

Mike

Bummer Brian! I say it just earned it's place as a dedicated "Trail Rig". I'm still crying a little every time I walk around the passenger side of my rig. I guess I won't be following you guys on Bronco Peak.

To anyone that reads this: If ever your are stuck, broke down, in a tight spot and don't want to move...….
CALL ME! I'll drop everything and come help. It doesn't matter how far.

Mike

The east side of Bronco Peak is doable but I don’t think I would make the trip down the west side again. At least I haven’t fixt the damage from the Sidewinder trip so maybe a week or two in TJ it can look decent again.

I started up that trail a few months ago and turned back. After watching this I am so glad I did. I’m amazed you made it through. Check out the carnage.
Can’t wait to go explore with you guys!
Sorry to see the damage to your rig......

I just watched that video. I'm surprised the damage you took wasn't worse! And doing it SOLO, nobody to spot..... Wow!

I'm scratching Bronco Peak of my list of places to go! I don't think the 100 and lack of flex would stay with the rubber side down. Congrats on making it out of there.

Mike

Condolences on the body damage. On the upside, it looks like the front bumper held up well this trip? Bronco looks just like the last time I ran it. I found that the more flesh wounds we suffered, the more fun we had the next run. Make no mistake, the first injuries truly sucked...

So two weeks?

8ED34C2A-9400-43AE-9747-D5D0B26AC282.jpeg

Condolences on the body damage. On the upside, it looks like the front bumper held up well this trip? Bronco looks just like the last time I ran it. I found that the more flesh wounds we suffered, the more fun we had the next run. Make no mistake, the first injuries truly sucked...

So two weeks?

View attachment 2313490

Yes, I’m up for another go in Coral Canyon. I’m thinking Saturday May 30. Meet around 9:00 at the staging area. I‘m thinking Sidewinder . I’ll start anew post on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom