Satellite Outlet for Xantrex Pro Watt

I am in the process of mounting a 2000 watt pure sinewave inverter behind the second seat of my 62 and want to place an outlet accessible at the rear of the rig when I open the rear hatch. Customer support at Xantrex says use a non GFCI outlet and assemble a short extension cord leading to it. It will be mounted at the rear of my titan drawer system fit kit either mounted horizontally facing up or vertically facing out rearward. I have been looking for something heavy duty to construct it from rather than the Home Depot quality outlets I have been finding. Pretty sure I'm not the only one doing this so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

spressomon

glutton

Don't know if they have what you're looking for but I used Hubbell watertight for the solar & 120v outlets on the nose box of my former Trail Tailor trailer. Commercial heavy duty quality and I didn't feel like I needed/wanted to re-engineer them...but cheap they ain't. But they were completely water & dust tight/proof.

But for your application I doubt if you need weather-proof. I'd just use the plastic blue boxes from Lowes/Home Depot and save coins.

What I used: Search hbl60w47bk | Hubbell

Last edited:
Nice, that is what I was looking for, especially if I mount it horizontally facing up with the dog back there- ice chest slashing around etc. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom