Santiago Peak run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a National Parks Pass. I take it that won't work. Is there a spot there to get an adventure pass?

Only place I've ever bought one is Sport Chalet.

Just called sport chalet, $30 for annual and $5 for daily pass. There's also a package deal if you buy 1 annual pass you get a second for your 2nd for $5, he wasn't too clear on if the $5 is also an annual pass.

Yep - that's standard pricing and has been for years. One annual at $30 and the add'l $5 will get you a 2nd annual pass. Court cases I thought had put an end to the Adventure Pass, but evidently only cut it back. Reason for the law suits was that groups were not using any improved areas of the NF and felt having to pay for using an unimproved area was not fair - they won. It was too much for them to pay a meager $5 to help the NFS in general, even if not the specific area they enjoyed. Personally, I don't mind paying a little to enjoy a lot.

image.jpg
Done. Two passes for $35

The Sport Chalet in Laguna Niguel was out of the annual passes. Daily was all I needed, so no problem for me.

We just need to make sure we've got two capable trucks surrounding Mo! hehehe

Capable trucks, I don't need no stinking capable trucks! :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

It won't be the first time the Runner has been up to Santiago. ;)

You don't need an 80 for he peak, I took my 2wd prerunner there and have seen everything from rav4, crv, to vw bug and bus up there......some are not recommended of course.

Starting from silverado is your best bet unless you want to drive down to bluejay camp ground. Silverado/maple spring goes up to 4 corners and from there you can go left on Maine divide to Sierra peak and Doppler radar and even further if the gate is open, which is an hour and change each way. It is less traveled by cars and more traveled by enduro bikes. The "wall" is fairly steep and loose but not hard, just a little pucker factor. Most of the play areas have been fenced off so you will need to stay on the fire road. Great view and not a whole lot of traffic but no outlet, couple of narrow sections to keep things interesting. Skyline has been closed for years now.

Once you come back take the middle road that goes up to the peak, lot more car traffic there. At peak you can continue to bluejay to exit or come back down. Everything else should be gated off like Harding and blackstar. You can't really get lost if you just go to the peak.

I happen to know the trails really well because I have ridden all the trails on mountain bike back when I was more fit. Joey, you got my number so if you get lost you can call me. Hahaha

Last edited:
also coming on the run

ADV80
a friend from work in an FJC

Looks like I'm not going to make it on this run. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

It'll all depend on how much time we want to spend on top of Santiago talking, lunch, etc. Early afternoon taking our sweet time.

You have to remember, I've seen you drive! :D:flipoff2: We're going to have to handicap you with a Yugo! :clap:

Is it still starting at 8 or a more human time?

Have fun guys! Great easy trail with fantastic views.

Btw you don't need a pass unless you park some where to hike, if you are simply driving through you don't need a pass but good to have anyways.

Q you better be going dude!? Come on!!!!

I happen to know the trails really well because I have ridden all the trails on mountain bike back when I was more fit. Joey, you got my number so if you get lost you can call me. Hahaha

I won't need your number because I will be following you! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom