Santiago Peak run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
photo-7.JPG
Hey Fellas,

I have been taking a couple runs up to Santiago peak on my dual sport the last couple months. The trips have been really great. It is a really quick getaway for us OC folks and it feels like you are totally away from the city. This last run, my buddy and I rode to the radio towers at the peak, and down the backside to Tom's Farms. I highly recommend taking a run up if you get a chance. It is an easy trail and gets your offroad fix in without having to drive too far.

My plan is to do the Main Divide soon in the 80 down to Highway 74. Seems like a nice Saturday morning run :steer:

I've been thinking of doing this myself. Just need to get my fix.
I'm down for tagging along on your next ride. I don't know the trail nor the terrain.

View attachment 921220 Hey Fellas,

I have been taking a couple runs up to Santiago peak on my dual sport the last couple months. The trips have been really great. It is a really quick getaway for us OC folks and it feels like you are totally away from the city. This last run, my buddy and I rode to the radio towers at the peak, and down the backside to Tom's Farms. I highly recommend taking a run up if you get a chance. It is an easy trail and gets your offroad fix in without having to drive too far.

My plan is to do the Main Divide soon in the 80 down to Highway 74. Seems like a nice Saturday morning run :steer:

Did you need a key to get into the gate? Where did you enter? Trabuco canyon?

I've been thinking of doing this myself. Just need to get my fix.
I'm down for tagging along on your next ride. I don't know the trail nor the terrain.

For sure, I am planning another run mid August. I will be sure to send PM or update a post here for whoever wants to go.

Did you need a key to get into the gate? Where did you enter? Trabuco canyon?

The gate a been open. I enter in at Silverado by the fire station. Seems like most people head up the mountain from there.

Run with cycles or 80's. I'm up for a day run!

Stocker friendly? I still have street tires :(

Stocker friendly? I still have street tires :(

Let me know if you want to make a trip up there. My 100 is always itching for dirt. I'm stock except for BFG ATs.

Let me know if you want to make a trip up there. My 100 is always itching for dirt. I'm stock except for BFG ATs.

Looks like a good time. I'll be watching this thread and see if I can bring the family and make a day out of it.

Fellas. I'm ready to cruise out at anytime. Let's get a date up and see who's able to cruise.

Also stock except for 285s BFGoodies.

Run with cycles or 80's. I'm up for a day run!

A run in the 80's for sure! Its been a while since I've taken it out.

My son is starting soccer so, my next couple weekends are taken up. I was thinking Saturday morning of Aug 16th to take a run... hopefully that works for everyone. It would be nice to meet up and do some wheelin :steer:

I am leaving TX this weekend with my 80 and headed to CA. I will be staying in OC and will be there for all of August. Would love to tag along if y'all are doing a run.

Last edited:
16th sounds good to me!

The 16th. Let's cruise!!!

Any other local OC spots that we can do before the 16th? Maybe it will give others the opportunity to cruise out if they can't make it on the 16th.

If we run main divide north to south, anyone wanting to camp overnight at the end of the day, Blue Jay (IIRC) campground is on the south end at Ortega Highway. I've accessed main divide from somewhere in the Corona area and from one of the canyons off Trabuco Canyon, but can't remember which one!

Last edited:
If we run main divide north to south, anyone wanting to camp overnight at the end of the day, Blue Jay (IIRC) campground is on the south end at Ortega Highway. I've accessed main divide from somewhere in the Corona area and from one of the canyons off Trabuco Canyon, but can't remember which one!

That's a great idea. I may be up for that. I have to check with the Mrs.

Keeping an eye on this thread as well. We will be out of town from 8/16 - 8/27. If it's any other weekend I am down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom