SanDiego-Los Angeles area Diesel Mechanic needed. 3B / rotary IP. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello you guys, I need to find a Diesel Mechanic who is familiar with the 3B /rotary Injection Pump / Nippon Denso/Bosch unit. I have a 1983 BJ46. I need someone who can take out the pump and then when I get it fixed, put it back in there properly. I have heard that putting it back in and re-timing it is a delicate process that should only be done by someone very familiar with the specs and the process. I am willing to travel between San Diego and Los Angeles area. Perhaps the same mechanic could restore the injectors, maybe even rebuild the IP. But, at least need someone who knows the process of removing the I Pump and properly putting it back in and retiming it. Also willing to pay someone MOBILE to drive to Temecula and do the work here. Anybody know a diesel Mechanic able then please let me know. Thanks. Dave ( Below is a pic of the pump that's in my cruiser ).
dave83injectionpump.jpg

Hello you guys,,,,,,I found a few great contacts in San Diego if anybody ever needs specific work done on Injection Pump or Injectors including experienced mechanics to pull the Pump out and put it back in properly, the thing that had me most concerned. Anyway, "DIESEL SYSTEM SERVICES" ask for Steve ( owner ) or Brian who does the IP rebuilds. 619-733-1108. OR,,,,,,,,,''DIESEL DOCTORS" ask for owner Jessie 619-933-5986. His shop works with Todd from '' ADVANCED DIESEL INJECTION" / 619-436-4577 who does the IP and Injector rebuilds. Plan on taking my 1983 BJ46 / 3B diesel to one of them over the next week and report back on the work that they do.

Hello! I'd suggest you get to know Michael Hein at West Coast Cruisers. Ramona. They call him Diesel Mike. Great guy.

Last edited:
Thanks Mighty. Yeah, Brian above does the Injection Pump rebuilds for Diesel Mike. Brian looked over my cruiser today. I have spoken to Mike also. In fact, he was just commenting today on my pump ( rotary on a 3B ).

Another great response regarding 3B - Rotary Injection Pump Combo installation. Very helpful.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hi Dave,

The 3B Toyota’s with the rotary pump are quite common over here as they are also fitted to the Dyna Light Truck.

The guy doing the work for you won’t have any problems with that removal & fitting as the pump drive hub is master splined and can only go into the timing gears one way. All he has to do is remove all the pipes and mounting bolts and just slip the pump straight out. When he refits the pump he has to put a dial gauge and tool into the back of the unit (12mm headed bolt between the injector outlets) zero the gauge off with the pumping plunger at BDC then rotate the engine to TDC No1 and the plunger lift should be 1.23-1.29mm up its stroke. If this is not obtained the move the pump on the slotted mounting bolts until it is. Tension all the mounting bolts/nuts and double check by rotating the engine in reverse until the gauge reads zero and bring it back to TDC No1 to confirm.

I hope this will be of assistance to you, unfortunately I don’t have any hard or electronic copies of this that I could send you but if your technician has done any of these types of pumps before (VE Type Pump) he should know the procedure.

Kind Regards

John Testar AADS (T) FIE

Bosch Systems Technician

Director

A1 DIESEL INJECTION

Tel: (08) 9478 4114

Fax: (08) 9277 6619

Rear 484 Great Eastern Hwy Ascot,

Western Australia 6104

PO BOX 271, Belmont WA 6984

sales@a1diesel.com.au www.a1diesel.com.au

© 2017 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved