sandblasting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey y'all,

anybody in middle tenn got a sandblasting setup that i could use in exchange for some :beer: ?

i know i asked roger a couple months ago about this, but i can't find the email he sent back to me about it...

basically, i need to blast my frame to get all the crap out of it and remove the old frame paint and rust before i try and paint it.

malphrus

Can't help you with a sandblaster, but I'll be happy to show up and drink beer :flipoff2: Just let me know when and where!

Seriously. if you need a hand let me know...just blasted my oil pan up at Roger's so now I'm an expert...:princess:

haha,

appreciate the offer, and you're more than welcome to turn a few up at my house whenever you want...
i'm fabbing up a rear bumper out of .250 2x4 tubing right now (well, it just started raining, so i guess i won't be workin on it tonight...)

sometime this summer i'm goin to try and have a wrenchin party/cookout at my house when i put the drivetrain back in my cruiser (might need a hand or two then, haha).

also, not sure if anybody'd be interested, but i think a knuckle or tcase rebuild day would be a pretty good time for the club as well. you know, anybody that wants to learn how to rebuild their knuckles can bring the parts and all of us could suffer thru it together, ha ha

malphrus

also, not sure if anybody'd be interested, but i think a knuckle or tcase rebuild day would be a pretty good time for the club as well. you know, anybody that wants to learn how to rebuild their knuckles can bring the parts and all of us could suffer thru it together, ha ha

malphrus

Actually, Roger and I were talking about this last night. He's got a pretty good setup where we can fit 3-4 cruisers and most all the tools we'd need. (not to mention a parts hoard:D STLCA used to do this, but it dropped off because it seems people thought the 40 min drive from nashville was too far :eek:

Might be a good project to put together for sometime in June or July. I don't think we need to limit it. Just say we're having a work day and bring your junk and everybody pitch in and get it done.

Let me know when you need a hand...any excuse to come to nashville...:grinpimp:

:beer: :beer:

--Todd

I'm definetly down for some beer and work. :bounce: My knuckles are well overdue and I haven't done it before. It would be nice to have some experts onhand to supervise.
I am in dire need to get the rear locked. Would also like to regear.

hey y'all,

anybody in middle tenn got a sandblasting setup that i could use in exchange for some :beer: ?

i know i asked roger a couple months ago about this, but i can't find the email he sent back to me about it...

basically, i need to blast my frame to get all the crap out of it and remove the old frame paint and rust before i try and paint it.

malphrus
I've got a little gravity feed blaster, ok for small jobs but really not suited for box frames. There is a company in Manchester, K&S Steel that does commerical blasting, i have uesd the a couple of time and they do a great job.

As for knuckles we (STLCA) have the Toyota tool, the one the factory manual describes for determining the correct shims. Any club member is welcome to borrow it or use it at my shop.

awesome,

i'm down for anything like that, i really enjoy gettin together and workin on cruisers.

on a kind of similar note, where do y'all get your steel around here?
i've gotten stuff from besco here in west nashville and have been pretty pleased with them so far but would like to have some more options, esp. with the way steel prices fluctuate these days

malphrus

(ps - roger, i'll be at the meeting in the morning, but i just now replied to your email...)

I've got a little gravity feed blaster, ok for small jobs but really not suited for box frames. There is a company in Manchester, K&S Steel that does commerical blasting, i have uesd the a couple of time and they do a great job.

sweet, i'll give em a call monday and see how much this'll set me back.
i've gotten a couple of quotes around here in the 2-300 range which seems high to me; my bro-in-law got his bronco frame, along with abt 20 other small parts, blasted and powdercoated for 275...

malphrus

awesome,

i'm down for anything like that, i really enjoy gettin together and workin on cruisers.

on a kind of similar note, where do y'all get your steel around here?
i've gotten stuff from besco here in west nashville and have been pretty pleased with them so far but would like to have some more options, esp. with the way steel prices fluctuate these days

malphrus

Clark Iron in Murfreesboro sells new and used iron, the used is a little less than half the price of new, supply varyies

Work day

I am up for the work day. I have a front end that needs the over haul. It's not on the cruiser but I can haul it up there. I have never done a front end , but am always up for up for a good dose of ridicule. I'm not a member of STLCA, but can I still come ?
icon14.gif
or
icon13.gif
?

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom