For Sale San Antonio, TX: 1997 LX450 352k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/718689319390541
Album with more pictures:

1997 LX450. 352,000 miles. Factory lockers. Rust free Texas truck (Dallas & San Antonio). Asking $13,000, not interested in trades (unless you have a spare RCF or GSF laying around...)

Ideal owner: You're wanting a mostly original driver example 80 that's not a $20k+ creampuff. You want something that hasn't been molested. You wrench on your own vehicles.

The good: It's straight and rust free. Runs strong with no weird noises/vibrations. A lot of recent maintenance. AC, sunroof, seat motors, etc work as they should. It's worn but not abused.
The bad: Rear main seal drips a bit. CEL doesn't illuminate, no codes though. CLD doesn't engage when put into low, can't play with lockers until that's sorted.
The ugly: No history of the head gasket being replaced. Doesn't burn any coolant or smoke on startup. Did a compression test before I got it running, results were 140-148 psi on a cold engine. Radiator has some stubborn rust that wasn't removed after running thermocure. Top-facing surfaces of the paint are heavily etched from sitting. Undercarriage is saturated with oil from past leaks.

Trying to avoid surprises so this and the pictures should give you a complete idea of what to expect. It's genuinely a solid rig that presents well in person for the age/mileage.

Recent maintenance within the past 1,000 miles:
Fuel pump/sending unit/bracketry
Valve cover gasket/spark plugs/wires/dizzy/PCV
AC/accessory belts
Birfs/front bearings
Diffs/TC oil
Dobinsons 2" lift (C59-222V/C59-223V)
Oil pump/crank seal
Sony head unit/pioneer speakers/backup cam
Heater control valve/all coolant hoses sans radiator hoses
EGR modulator (broke originals nipple doing heater valve)
**Update 7/7
O2 sensors
Rear axle seals/bearings

IMG_2270 copy.jpg
IMG_2299 copy.jpg
IMG_2280 copy.jpg
IMG_2320 copy.jpg
IMG_2317 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Washed it/new pictures and gave y'all an actual ad instead of a link to facebook marketplace. Attaching carfax.

Attachments

• 1997 LX450 Carfax.pdf
    498 KB · Views: 54
Did the o2 sensors yesterday and wrapped up the rear axle bearings/seals tonight. That was the last thing this rig needed maintenance-wise aside from servicing the CDL/probably lockers and replacing the rear main/radiator depending how anal you are. Also fixed the drivers side mirror wobble.

Gotten several $10k offers, couple hilariously lower. Decent amount of interest overall but nobody has seen it in person yet. I'd appreciate y'alls input on this. Is the mileage scary or am I smoking crack? Or impending economic doom? Y'all can be honest, I'm a big boy that can handle criticism.

I feel if you sort the diff lock issue out you'd be able to get closer to what you're asking. That, combined with the high mileage, is what would scare me off.

I'm only one opinion.

Did the o2 sensors yesterday and wrapped up the rear axle bearings/seals tonight. That was the last thing this rig needed maintenance-wise aside from servicing the CDL/probably lockers and replacing the rear main/radiator depending how anal you are. Also fixed the drivers side mirror wobble.

Gotten several $10k offers, couple hilariously lower. Decent amount of interest overall but nobody has seen it in person yet. I'd appreciate y'alls input on this. Is the mileage scary or am I smoking crack? Or impending economic doom? Y'all can be honest, I'm a big boy that can handle criticism.

Appears to me a very fair asking price. Very.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom