SafeJack or Powerbuilt unijack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Amazon product ASIN B00GJJZ5NI
or

has anyone used these? I have a 2013 with bp51 2” lift with 33” tires It think. Need to know if it goes high enough To be a good trail rig setup.

or just buy these adapters and some cheap 6ton bottle jack for $30 And hope it all fits With a standard $30 bottle jack.

Last edited:
Safe Jack has outstanding products...BUT...so does @LandCruiserPhil . He does not have everything that Safe Jack has, but wherever they have the same stuff...his is absolutely just as good. And I’ve checked them both out.

And he has other quality products for LandCruisers. Check out his site.

Safe Jack has outstanding products...BUT...so does @LandCruiserPhil . He does not have everything that Safe Jack has, but wherever they have the same stuff...his is absolutely just as good. And I’ve checked them both out.

And he has other quality products for LandCruisers. Check out his site.

is there a site? I searched this forum. Seems he has some items for sale for older LC. I have a 2013. I see his adapter but my stock jack has no handle. I need to buy a second jack I think that goes higher because my lift And tires. I also need a handle for my stock jack so I have two.

Last edited:

On the road right now, but see if this helps. Good luck.

is there a site? I searched this forum. Seems he has some items for sale for older LC. I have a 2013. I see his adapter but my stock jack has no handle. I need to buy a second jack I think that goes higher because my lift And tires. I also need a handle for my stock jack so I have two.
I don’t mean to offend, just covering all the bases. Is the handle not with the tool kit in the tailgate?

I don’t mean to offend, just covering all the bases. Is the handle not with the tool kit in the tailgate?
No it wasnt. I took a trip today to the junk yard and put A nice one together with some extensions from a bunch of other ones lol. They didn’t have a 200 series in my small town go figure.

is it supposed to have a toolkit too? What else is in that?

Yep, there should be a tool kit in one of the compartments in the lower tailgate. Aside from the tools for a tire change, just a few basic tools. Slip joint pliers, two wrenches, and a phillips head screwdriver.

06064BEC-F01F-435F-A003-10509D319C8D.jpeg

DFB25CF5-39E4-4BB5-898A-F5BBD515FFE7.jpeg

I went through this research recently with offroad jacks. I also discovered Phil's adapter for the OEM bottle jack and have it now.

Toyota gave us the best solution- it's small, light and mechanical- it is highly unlikely to fail. Better than a hydaulic bottle jack.
All the gaak is unnecessary. Safejack bottle jack is too tall to fit under the 80 axle, it may be the same for the 200.

Only addition to the Phil adapter is some type of platform for soft dirt to stabilize the jack. I like the Safejack base plate but it's expensive for that and I have a arb hilift base that i'm using.

Funny the 200 toolkit is almost exactly the same as the 80. Except it's in a tool roll instead of the plastic box.

I went through this research recently with offroad jacks. I also discovered Phil's adapter for the OEM bottle jack and have it now.

Toyota gave us the best solution- it's small, light and mechanical- it is highly unlikely to fail. Better than a hydaulic bottle jack.
All the gaak is unnecessary. Safejack bottle jack is too tall to fit under the 80 axle, it may be the same for the 200.

Only addition to the Phil adapter is some type of platform for soft dirt to stabilize the jack. I like the Safejack base plate but it's expensive for that and I have a arb hilift base that i'm using.

Funny the 200 toolkit is almost exactly the same as the 80. Except it's in a tool roll instead of the plastic box.

yeah. I plan to have two. One Factory one to lift it high enough to insert the larger one. I got a hi lift base I’m planning to use.

We now offer 4 sizes of Jack Adapter to fit 99% of post and hydraulic. If you dont see what works for you on our site contact me because a couple of sizes are on the secret menu.

View attachment 2389216
We now offer 4 sizes of Jack Adapter to fit 99% of post and hydraulic. If you dont see what works for you on our site contact me because a couple of sizes are on the secret menu.

View attachment 2389216

I ended up buying a unijack. It says it lifts 21”I don’t know much about jacks. I would have happily bought your adapter and a 6 ton or something but I didn’t know if it would fit on one top of it or lift My rig high enough. That was my dilemma. I have no idea what size I need or if this unijack will even work rated at 6000lbs Or if I still need an adapter for my stock jack...

Have you tried the OEM jack under your axles? I bet it will lift high enough to change a tire on all corners.
Easy to get caught up in buying a lot of gear. I almost did but weight and space are valuable and honestly don't think you will add any value with a unijack.

If you want to carry a secondary, get another oem bottle jack. Duplicate means you only have to carry one set of extension rods and the OEM are mechanical, not hydraulic.

I thought of getting a second oem jack "just in case" for stability offroad. Phil's bracket seems quite good at getting purchase on the axle for stability so it's become a low priority.

yeah. I plan to have two. One Factory one to lift it high enough to insert the larger one. I got a hi lift base I’m planning to use.

Last edited:
Have you tried the OEM jack under your axles? I bet it will lift high enough to change a tire on all corners.
Easy to get caught up in buying a lot of gear. I almost did but weight and space are valuable and honestly don't think you will add any value with a unijack.

If you want to carry a secondary, get another oem bottle jack. Duplicate means you only have to carry one set of extension rods and the OEM are mechanical, not hydraulic.

I thought of getting a second oem jack "just in case" for stability offroad. Phil's bracket seems quite good at getting purchase on the axle for stability so it's become a low priority.
You can also cut a piece of plywood to fit inside the hi-lift jack base that is cut out to fit the outside of your OEM or bottle jack base to allow it to fit tight inside the hi-lift jack bass and not slip. I did this and it works well.

This post was just what I was wondering about. So my question is with the plastic bumpers on our 200’s how do you use a hi-lift jack for a stock truck. It sounds like you just use the OEM or a bottle jack. So is this the case and there’s no reason to have a hi-lift Jack on board anymore?

You need armor and anchor points to lift it from.
There are other uses for the hi lift, but not useful on a stock truck to change tires.
Hi Lifts can be dangerous AF You need to practice using them in offroad situations, because very bad things can happen if you don't respect them.

This post was just what I was wondering about. So my question is with the plastic bumpers on our 200’s how do you use a hi-lift jack for a stock truck. It sounds like you just use the OEM or a bottle jack. So is this the case and there’s no reason to have a hi-lift Jack on board anymore?

You need armor and anchor points to lift it from.
There are other uses for the hi lift, but not useful on a stock truck to change tires.
Hi Lifts can be dangerous AF You need to practice using them in offroad situations, because very bad things can happen if you don't respect them.
Thanks very much for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom