Sacramento / Folsom area mechanic / shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
Im hoping for some help in locating a local shop for my father in law. He has a 99’ 100 and needs a good reliable place to get it worked on.
I live 3,000 miles away, if I were closer I’d be wrenching on it for him. Ha.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I know there is the state listing but there’s nothing on it that’s close to sac or Folsom

what kind of work? Engine? General maintenance.

There are a couple of good places in sac, and a Toyota specific place in cameron park. Depends on the type of work he needs done.

^ Gospel

You’re close enough to Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. That’s where you go. No where else. End of thread.
There is no doubt that Georg's shop is the best around. However, Stockton isn't exactly next door to folsom.

If you're not doing something cruiser-specific there are plenty of places that aren't 1+hr away that can do the work competently.

It's all about what you're trying to get done.

There is no doubt that Georg's shop is the best around. However, Stockton isn't exactly next door to folsom.

If you're not doing something cruiser-specific there are plenty of places that aren't 1+hr away that can do the work competently.

It's all about what you're trying to get done.

Ha! That’s funny...

That whole area has some amazing offroading, I was very close to settling down in Placerville. But there are for sure a few shops that will have experience working on the 100 series. Of Course, working with Georg would be ideal...

I'd hit up the 4x4 group listed for that area, I believe @Cruiserdrew is part of it and is very knowledgeable.

There are a couple of good places in sac, and a Toyota specific place in cameron park. Depends on the type of work he needs done.
Hi Seth,

I’m in Sac and have a new to me 1997 FZJ80.

Could you do me a favor and identify those good places in Sac and Cameron Park that I could trust with my LC?

I’m aware of Valley Hybrids and Gary at Mudrak, but they are both an hour away. I’ll probably go to them for more complicated stuff.

Hi Seth,

I’m in Sac and have a new to me 1997 FZJ80.

Could you do me a favor and identify those good places in Sac and Cameron Park that I could trust with my LC?

I’m aware of Valley Hybrids and Gary at Mudrak, but they are both an hour away. I’ll probably go to them for more complicated stuff.

The Toy Shop in Shingle Springs/Cameron Park area

The Toy Shop in Shingle Springs/Cameron Park area
These guys aren't bad. There is also a toy shop in north sac that's not bad either. For machine work I go to Parrish in north highlands. They machined my '86 manifolds together, which demonstrates they understand what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom