RTH- Transmission level check question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You did good, no rocket science!

1 OBD2 in its native mode supports one device. 2 You can always drive a bit to warm your transmission quicker. 3 I always put bit more WS fluid in than I empty out for that reason, you want small steady trickle with no breaks, better to have touch more than not enough. 4. I would add fluid and let car sit for a while before checking it again, fluid would circulate as you warm up, 1/2 q is good amount to add in case your drip is slow.

Much warmer today so I did the level check again. I first added about 1/2 qt then warmed the truck up to the check temp. Took a video of the stream draining from the check level hole. Initially much more came out and the truck had been running maybe a few minutes with the stream as shown in the video. I put the plug back shortly after the video ends. Should I have let it drain a little longer? I was about at the max temp when I put the plug in. I think I’m good but feedback/ input is welcome.

A/T fluid level check

As the temp continues to rise, the fluid continues to expand, so it will continue to overflow and drain, albeit slowly. This is why there is an upper temp limit for the check procedure.

Much warmer today so I did the level check again. I first added about 1/2 qt then warmed the truck up to the check temp. Took a video of the stream draining from the check level hole. Initially much more came out and the truck had been running maybe a few minutes with the stream as shown in the video. I put the plug back shortly after the video ends. Should I have let it drain a little longer? I was about at the max temp when I put the plug in. I think I’m good but feedback/ input is welcome.

A/T fluid level check
It is perfect, you are good, little more is always better than not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom