Rough Idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured I'd ask you guys to see if you have some suggestions. I had a P0301 code and P0300. After searching on here I saw to change the coil pack, which I did. My vehicle's service history didn't show any plug changes so while I was in there I swapped all of the plugs for new ones. Started the vehicle up when I was done and had no codes and it ran fine for the rest of the day. Started her up this morning and it's running rough at idle but is fine above 1500 rpms. Ive searched threads and I've seen cleaning the throttle body and MAF? Any suggestions before I dig back in there?

Define what you mean by running rough at idle? What RPM is idle set at?
What did you use to get the P0300/301 codes?
It feels like it’s hiccuping. Like it idles then sort of stutters once, then idles fine, then stutters again once or twice, then idles fine. Once I’m over about 1500 rpms it’s ok. I just went to the grocery store and took the long route and it only seemed to do the stutter at idle, it did it once under acceleration but then was fine after. Still no codes. It’s idling at about 800 rpms. I got the codes from driving it over to auto zone and using one of their readers.

Last edited:
Let us know if you are getting misfires on just one cylinder, or more than one cylinder.

This sounds like when I had a spark plug that was cracked and shorted the coil on one of my cylinders. Kinda rough idle and rpms not steady when at idle. Unnoticeable above 2000 rpm. Mine was throwing a P0208 code though (intermittent misfire #8 cylinder). It was also causing my VSC Trac light to illuminate about 30 seconds after starting up.

Sorry I didn't make it back to this thread, work got me for a couple days :rolleyes: Anyway, the truck finally threw a code for P0306 as well. Pulled off the coil pack and replaced with a new one. So far so good, no rough idle, and no more misfires. Thanks everyone for all of your input, I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom