Rough Country 6" Lift fixes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rttguide.com
Hey all, bought my FJC with the following:

Icon 2.5 Coilovers
Rough Country 6 in lift
Toytec Aluma rear shocks
SPC upper control arms
GOODYEAR DURATRAC
LT315 /70 R17 121Q D2 BSW
Tandem Wheels

Every mention of 6" lift on FB FJ Cruiser Nation has people saying it will warp parts over time. What is the suggested path of getting this thing "bulletproof"? Should I just run it, and carry extra CV with me? Or do I need to drop this lift to something that will still work with the 35s?

My previous wheeling experience is from a lifted 91 Suburban and I want to make sure my rig is solid before I head out to some more intense trails. Thanks for the help!

Are they 6" lift coilovers or 3" lift coilovers with additional blocks to make up the rest?

Typically a 6" lift just spaces everything down some so its not really that different from a 3" lift.

Youd break things because of the giant 35" tires it allows you to run. Id say yeah, pack the parts, and run it!

Are they 6" lift coilovers or 3" lift coilovers with additional blocks to make up the rest?

Typically a 6" lift just spaces everything down some so its not really that different from a 3" lift.

Youd break things because of the giant 35" tires it allows you to run. Id say yeah, pack the parts, and run it!
Appreciate this! Can't say I know regarding the coilovers, ill have to check.

What parts would you take out on the trail?

Several of the "6 inch lifts" I've seen included a major diff drop bracket up front. This involved cutting out the stock brackets and welding/bolting in a new one. Can you confirm if yours is still stock?

I think the RC one is generally all bolt-in. It does replace the stock spindles, rear links, and panhard, so it isnt super simple to revert back.

Several of the "6 inch lifts" I've seen included a major diff drop bracket up front. This involved cutting out the stock brackets and welding/bolting in a new one. Can you confirm if yours is still stock?
I dont think so. But Ill have to check when im back in town.
I think the RC one is generally all bolt-in. It does replace the stock spindles, rear links, and panhard, so it isnt super simple to revert back.
My issue exactly. Trying to figure out what is most prone to break with these 35s.

Hey all, bought my FJC with the following:

Icon 2.5 Coilovers
Rough Country 6 in lift
Toytec Aluma rear shocks
SPC upper control arms
GOODYEAR DURATRAC
LT315 /70 R17 121Q D2 BSW
Tandem Wheels

Every mention of 6" lift on FB FJ Cruiser Nation has people saying it will warp parts over time. What is the suggested path of getting this thing "bulletproof"? Should I just run it, and carry extra CV with me? Or do I need to drop this lift to something that will still work with the 35s?
I have run 10 years now with RC 6” lift. Well... it’s not been 6” never. I cut the spacers to 3” and used air springs at rear with stock control arms. Nowadays it’s on FOX coilovers for 4-5” Tacoma lift ar lowest position. I have had any problem, only the RC rear stabilizer links had very short life.

See more: Airsprung CNG äFJii - https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/threads/airsprung-cng-äfjii.153551/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom