ROTW -Texus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go... sorry this be up late... work/more schooling...blah,blah,blah... here's the skinny, 97 LX I got last May... love it, green/gray & tan int (as are most I see round here...) got it lock'd & stock... It was the first one I looked @... then after a dozen more..I went back & got this one... honestly, not to fond of the LX bling...but I could make do until the next one down the road... got it w/ 74k on it, uber-clean & now has like 103K... still fairly clean... but I'm pretty picky so other's might think differently... well, not on here I guess y'all be anal... not a bad thing usually...

Anywho, threw on some BFAT 285's, OME heavy/med...and enjoyed the ride... really not any mods so much...did all the PM stuff except the poopy PHH... front & rear axles, bearings, all amsoil, flushed it all...blah, blah blah...pulled to r-boards, & roof rack... umm... oh yeah, slee end caps for the flares... Pin 7 mod, CDL button mod from a hazzard switch fo Free (thanks to Snowcruiser)...as I need to also send a big thanks to him again as per always lending a hand & his space for me to do this stuff... well, it's his fault I got it anyway... my motor blew a rocker arm (bimmer 325 is) & I needed some not-so-tempermental wheels...ya know something that I wouldn't feel the need to always upgrade & mod...ya know to save some cash (HA!) yeah right...that worked...sort of... and I needed some space for soon to arrive son...My lady sports a JGC 5.9... that poop rolls!! and is quite capable on the trail..we lived in Vail for 2 years & it went everywhere I pushed it... significantly far up Holy Cross...and a lot of special found/hidden spots around Minturn, Leadville, red cliff & vail... but it just got so loose & rattly...ya know...anywho, I go off on tangents easily...back to the LX...

Just got a new rear bumper on a week ago...a custom one-off by Mr. Snowcruiser...similar looking to Christo's... got sliders done up by another shop (will get pics up later ), but not on...getting powder coated... just received my rear OME heavies (to replace rear mediums) from Mr. Goodknight... Thanks Mike (yesterday)...and got some spacers from Mr gasket for the front... I would have more pics up right now, but it's @ the shop for poopy EGR issues... I've done everything I could & know about... but still throwin' the light & I need my emissions done... only out of inspection by a lil while (since June!!!)...Oh I did a lil easy & cheap alley/roof light things with my Yakima bars... cost less than $20... just screwed in some nice lil' lights from wally world & drilled 2 holes in the cross bars right above the towers...ran the wire through...and went in over rear driver's side door (in the jam up top)... behind the rubber/plastic trim...to & down the inside of the trim on the A-post (windshield)...and to the cut outs there & the fuse box below...it does what I need...

I'm a full time EMT & these lights have come in handy on many accident scenes to and from work in the dark...(that sounds bad, but yeah, I come across a lot of s*** sometimes working for 6 different fire/ambulance stations)...also I leave them on when on certain back roads...lights freeze deer ya know... just gotta kick off for the next passing car yeah know... well, that's about it for now... front bumper of some kind coming soon I hope... winchy-poo & a snork... gonna take'er to Vail Next Sept for a romp in the old stomping grounds once Paramedic school is done... should be a nice drive from PA...not as modded as some/most... but it'll get the job done... like I said before...will get up some more pics in the next day... I have a couple now, but kinda weak...check out the seafoam experiment pic... not too bad...later taters... -T
lx seafoam.jpg
lx alley light.jpg
lx alley light 2.jpg

Last edited:
Texus,

Read this thread that tells you everything you need to know on resizing images for attaching to your posts.

One other hint: There is a key on the lower right side of your keyboard. It has "Enter" or maybe a down & left arrow depending on the age of your keyboard. If you will press this key you will get a new line. Pressing it twice will give you a new paragraph. Paragraphs make reading text much easier; don't you agree?

And a final hint: If you've read the 20 or 30 ROTW posts up to now you won't find a single one with profanity while your post above is littered with trash. Just my opinion so do as you please.

-B-

Last edited:
Stream of conciousness hard to read. Let me out of your head...

Post some pics dammit

Texus,

As noted in the past, we strive to keep the tech forums as clean as possible - especially the ROTW. Many folks here read the tech threads with their kids (families) and/or at work.

- responded to your PM. Will hook you up.

ROTW without pictures just doesn't seem right. :whoops:

yeah yeahhh...

dudes...pics are coming had to resize what I've got... trying to square this away @ this momento...

Newb :flipoff2:

more pics...

2 more... rear bumper shot isn't great... I duralined it...which looks great IMO... hides any metal imperfections awesomely!
new lx 1.jpg
new lx 2.jpg

smokey-smoke...

I guess I didn't mention that... this is the seafoam effect... (if unfamiliar... a carbon cleansing of the intake, etc) this is the burnong off of carbon build-up...

Nice rig Texus. You have any close ups of the rear bumper? Also, how are those sliders coming along?

word...

I will get a cu of the bumper up... the sliders...ahhhh...well... done, but I still need the u bolts made...need to hash out the details with the fab guy... will advise on that later...that process took way longer than expected... but we'll see...

burn-out...

ha... I'd need a sheet of ice & an oil slick for this pig to break'em loose...or give the hamsters some serious dope...

Nice rig Texus. Didn't you use to have an 80 you sold on here?

Signature
Yay Beer!
Nick Martinez
TLCA # 14984
1991 FJ80 150k Stocked and unlocked

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 147 (1.32 posts per day)

Who's callin who newb???????

Tex thanks for participating nice rig. :cheers:

Cool seafoam pics. :cool:

sweet..

Thanks y'all... still a work in process... Rome... this is the one I had up for sale... last year I was trying to sell to get an older one... to save a few bones, etc... but had no real bites...so I kept it... wasn't gonna trade to some retardship...or give it away... well, I was gonna give it to this guy in Zimbabwe... he wanted to give me like 50K for it...but yeah know, his money wa all tied up in off shore accounts... and his ATM would only allow a minimum withdraw of 1 million dollars... and that was in his dogs name... I feel bad for the guy ya know...(HA!) HIs whole family must be in dispair... got a bunch of emails... hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom