Builds ROTW: CreeperSleeper (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will never forget after my attempt at Duane's mud pit with my 40, your attempt at the mud pit with your 80. Listening to your motor bounce off the rev limiter sounds like victory...............

Hahahahaha! I miss wheeling with you, get that buggy finished and lets go wheeling!

Hahahahaha! I miss wheeling with you, get that buggy finished and lets go wheeling!

Federal government must take its cut, then I can finish Oocums Razor.

hey chad you have a dent right here:

dentpic.jpg

your crazy. see you at the next meeting.

clint

Nice rig. You're not afraid to use that thing are you! :steer:

The dents are telling you it's too big....or not big enough (54's should keep the body out of harms way, right?)?? I wish I had pictures of all my wheeling like you do, reminds me how much fun these damn things are! One day I'll drag my junk out there and beat on it with you and your's.

The dents are telling you it's too big....or not big enough (54's should keep the body out of harms way, right?)?? I wish I had pictures of all my wheeling like you do, reminds me how much fun these damn things are! One day I'll drag my junk out there and beat on it with you and your's.

I would love that!

Good to see you've never wheeled the snot out of that truck! Nice pictures.

Cool ROTW!

Any more info on that? Sounds cool. I've always wondered about doing that on mine for a little extra storage.

Thanks! Basically, I stole the idea from a guy in the 60 forums. (He will be making them for 80s eventually, but I'm not patient enough!)

I wanted to find a way to add strength to the tailgate as my factory was bent beyond belief from loading the truck and sitting on it. Most people on here just plate it with aluminum, but that sounded expensive. I ended up cutting a hole in the tailgate and I welded up a frame made of thin 1" angle iron. I then build cross braces out of thin walled 1/2" square tubing. This effectively braced the tailgate and made the tailgate into storage for light stuff (TP, first aid kit, tarp, etc). Because of the material I used, I was able to take 1/2" plywood and make a door using hinges and latches. I then rivited the frame to the tailgate, starting in the middle to work out any bow that happend to be in the new gate (thanks Eric!) and coated everything in expoxy paint designed for garage floors. Currently, I made the door fit too tight so it is a PITA to open and the expoxy isn't holding up as well as I would like. I will remake the door and coat everything in bedliner eventually...

nice truck. chromolies must give you assurance when wheeling. ever broke any drivetrain?

I've broke two stock birfs and lost a stud for the steering arm (my fault) and that's it for drivetrain. I've lost multiple beads (I really need my beadlocks...) and when I used to run a front swaybar, I broke the passenger side axle link and it ripped off my front passenger brake hardline. Other than that, she's been super dependable!

Let me know when you want to do the rear end protection!

I have my junk on the way here so we can have some more shenanigans on the trail!

nice looking rig you started with, and sweet looking rig now. I also love the Jeep sticker

Good photos man! Looks like you wheel the piss out of that thing,also w/a heavy app. of the skinny pedal!
You guys should come down & do Rubithon this summer,you would have a blast on the wagon run.
John

You are my hero! Someday I will have the cash to mod my 91 and I will join you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom