Roof top tent rally in VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Melissa is finally feeling better and wants to go camping. We are going to the roof top tent rally. Anybody else from the club going to this event?
We went to the first one and had an awesome time and the weather was perfect.

Anyway just wandering if anybody was planning on going because i hadn’t seen it mentioned here.

F1ADFCAE-5858-4EE2-ACB0-48DF41366637.png

The location is pretty nice and they had some cool family activities that my kids enjoyed. My daughter and I ran a night 5k through the woods that was pretty fun.
255B6B9C-751F-4286-BEA1-76CF80E2D000.jpeg

I’ve heard from others that this is a great event. This is also the weekend of Upstate’s parkway ride, another awesome event.

Roof Top Tent Rally? Dang....rallies are getting pretty specific these days. If you show up and want to pitch a tent on the ground, do they call you names like "Ground Sleeper" and run you off? Asking for a friend.

Roof Top Tent Rally? Dang....rallies are getting pretty specific these days. If you show up and want to pitch a tent on the ground, do they call you names like "Ground Sleeper" and run you off? Asking for a friend.

It’s called that but all camping is allowed. Yes I will agree that there are a bunch of gear queers there but it is still a great event. at least it was for my family and I.

The upstart ride is a little more primitive than my wife can handle right now. This event is held at a state park with restrooms and hot showers and other family activities held by the park so it is a good event for me to bring my family to include my wife who is still sick.

I'm sure it's a great event. I just thought it was funny to have an event specific to RTT's, but then some people might find it odd to have an event specific to old Toyotas, so to each their own!

Plus....I can be a bit of a dick sometimes, sooo…..

I think the lions just carry you off

Calling attendee extraordinaire @1428Mike

We were debating upon going but alas the roof rack and tent have yet to arrive. We will go next year for sure since it is only an hour half away.

RTT not required Q. Bicycle for the trails would be smart though.

Cool,
Any of you bringing the family along? I got 2 boys -10 and 12 year olds that would love some partners in crime to run around and explore with.

Do you guys want to set up camp close to each other?

I am still not sure what time I will be arriving. Hopefully between noon and 5:00 pm

Either way. I more likely might be in my big ass f250 rather than my lx450. Stop by and say hi.

Cool,
Any of you bringing the family along? I got 2 boys -10 and 12 year olds that would love some partners in crime to run around and explore with.

Do you guys want to set up camp close to each other?

I am still not sure what time I will be arriving. Hopefully between noon and 5:00 pm

Either way. I more likely might be in my big ass f250 rather than my lx450. Stop by and say hi.

@AUGuy and I are driving up at the same time and bringing daughters ages 9 and 10. Probably be there around 8pm. We’ll look for you when we get there. We’ll be in a white 60 and a white 80.

Cool.
If I get there earlier than you guys I will save you guys a spot if u want me to.

Cool.
If everything works out and I get there early I will try to reserve a spot big enough for all our vehicles.

I will be there early Saturday am, my boys are 14 and 16 and more interested in girls than camping with dad. So going solo, my usual travel buddy is in rehab this week after expo east...kidding, thanks for a great weekend Comet.

Last edited:
I will be there early Saturday am, my boys are 14 and 16 and more interested in girls than camping with dad. So going solo, my usual travel buddy Larry is in rehab this week after expo east...kidding, thanks for a great weekend Comet.
Fixed it for you. Expo was fun. After attending two of these high end gatherings I have finally realized it is what happens in the camping area (both craziness and the amazing home built rigs) that makes for a good time.

my usual travel buddy is in rehab this week after expo east...kidding, thanks for a great weekend Comet.
He didn't seem like a quitter lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom