Road Cruiser 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders.

I just purchased my first Land Cruiser, a 1997 40th Edition with 170K miles. Prior to last week, I had never driven or even been inside a Land Cruiser of any generation.

The previous owner had just spent $6000 (I have receipts) doing the following repairs, Spark plugs, Wire Set, Head Gasket and milling head, replaced all hoses, belts, thermostat, ignition coil, new window motors, fan clutch, ABS unit, power steering pump, and all fresh fluids. So mechanically it's in great shape. I was expecting it to dive like crap, but I did the 45-minute drive home on I-95 doing 75mph on cruise control. The exterior paint is shot and it could use new front seat leather. This has been a Florida car it's whole life, so it has no rust anywhere (that I found so far)

These are my plans for this month:
  • Paint exterior Leadfoot Grey (2018 Ford Raptor color)
  • 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels
  • 315-75R16 General Grabbers (had them on my last 2 trucks and liked them)
  • IronMan 2.5" Lift Kit (couldn't pass up their 20% off sale)

These are my plans for next month:
  • 4x4 Labs Rear Bumper (6-8 weeks lead time)
  • Some sort of front bumper that matches the rear
  • LSeat front seat covers

I called it the Road Cruiser 80 because here in South Florida the biggest elevation change we have is like 12", so there's not much off-roading. We have some dirt roads out in the everglades, but you can probably get thru them in a Camry. I'll mostly use it to go mountain biking, occasional camping trip and the weekend run to Home Depot. My son will be driving in 2 years, so this should be the perfect first car (big, safe, and slow).

Here are some pics of it now:

2020-05-05-19.11.jpg

2020-05-05-19.11.18.jpg

(moving this to 80-Series Tech)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom