Right front brake "clank" or "tick" noise

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by EDPA, Aug 4, 2005.

1. EDPA

EDPA

So I had my front brake rotors turned on my 97 LC because of a pulsating sensation when depressing the brake pedal. That has since been fixed but now I have this weird "tick" or a "clank" ONLY evident when I let up on the brake pedal going at a very low speed. It is most obvious in a alleyway where I have found strang noises are best heard. It's very obvious so I took it back to the repair shop and they agreed that something was not quite right. They took it apart and said it needed a "clip" which they had to order. Fine. But this is where it gets weirder. They said they had to use a clip from a 1999 model LC because that's the only one that fits. How can that be? Obviously, my truck was around before a 1999 clip would have been available. Plus the noise is still there. It sounds like some linkage thing (if there even is a linkage down there) or isn't there some piston like thing within the brakes that could be sticking? (yes, I'm the village idiot when it comes to brakes-but I am learning). They assured me they will research it and fix it properly. Any thoughts on how to point them in the right direction? . BTW, before the attacks on the the repair shop come flying I find them great and very trustworthy (a quality not easy to find) plus they don't mind me getting involved with the repair so I prefer to continue using them. Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.