Right front brake "clank" or "tick" noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had my front brake rotors turned on my 97 LC because of a pulsating sensation when depressing the brake pedal. That has since been fixed but now I have this weird "tick" or a "clank" ONLY evident when I let up on the brake pedal going at a very low speed. It is most obvious in a alleyway where I have found strang noises are best heard. It's very obvious so I took it back to the repair shop and they agreed that something was not quite right. They took it apart and said it needed a "clip" which they had to order. Fine. But this is where it gets weirder. They said they had to use a clip from a 1999 model LC because that's the only one that fits. How can that be? Obviously, my truck was around before a 1999 clip would have been available. Plus the noise is still there. It sounds like some linkage thing (if there even is a linkage down there) or isn't there some piston like thing within the brakes that could be sticking? (yes, I'm the village idiot when it comes to brakes-but I am learning). They assured me they will research it and fix it properly. Any thoughts on how to point them in the right direction? . BTW, before the attacks on the the repair shop come flying I find them great and very trustworthy (a quality not easy to find) plus they don't mind me getting involved with the repair so I prefer to continue using them. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom