"rhino liner" Paint job on my 60 price check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you stick with rhino liner or monstaliner or ....?

It looks great btw.

Love that! You did it all yourself? What did that cost? Thanks

yep, I did the whole lot myself - in my front yard.... it was easy to do, my biggest concern was having lines in the finish, which I managed to avoid (phew!!).
I did use Raptor (from memory I used 12L of colour and 2 of black). Total cost was about $1000 including the Upol adhesion promoter, etch primer and abrasive / tape / plastic etc...
It has been on for over 1.5 years now, and looks as it did when it was first sprayed...
5DD819F9-761F-4041-9D34-B2C1B38BC388.png
660D69CA-0F88-4E1B-8DA6-C0C9290545C3.png

Painting the outside of your LC with bed liner is WAY more expensive than paint in the long run...you’re not looking at the whole picture.

say you start with a $15k FJ60...spend $5k on bedliner...now you have $20k invested in a $12k FJ60 because the bedliner REDUCED value. So that bedliner job actually costs you $8k when you figure in depreciation.

now say you start with that same $15k Fj60 and have it repainted in the factory color and spend $6k. You now have $21k invested in a LC that’s worth $24k so in the end, the bedliner costs $12k more than paint.

The bigger issue is that bedliner hides rust and rot. I painted my truck in bedliner in 2011, and from then till 2020, a ton of rot had developed in the a-pillars and doors that I couldn't see till I stripped the truck. Paint is thin enough to bubble and split when rust develops behind it, but not bedliner.

I would not recommend painting a 60 in bedliner.

Nason automotive urethane tinted to 033 cost me right at $300 a gallon for the paint, reducer, and activator. That's to say, a gallon of paint, a quart of reducer, and a pint of activator. Not too bad IMHO.
The prep is expensive though, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom