Rhino 4x4 Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured I’d add a couple more recent pics of the bumper. Most likely will be the last pics of Ruby in my ownership as well sadly!

EF9FE2F1-A7EC-4C86-B644-9D84D816CD47.jpeg

2AC6B095-FBBB-4B25-9B80-27255FC783FB.jpeg

16A14A26-DF69-4EFC-9AF9-972B03D8ECD1.jpeg

9596D82F-84C6-4226-9F1D-56A012E3D9C7.jpeg

6945073D-8612-40B2-80F0-B9E23003C119.jpeg

Let's just say it's a HUGE departure and I'm halfway done with driving it across the country now 🚐 I'll post an update soon on my build thread!
Oh I hope you went electric aka Rivian ........ Let's the rumors begin !!! Be safe and keep us posted

Pretty sure Matt is attempting the first transcontinental Bird scooter expedition. Could be wrong though 🤷‍♂️

Great lookin bumper. Back in Aug 2018, I was seriously considering going down this path. Got in contact with a Rhino 4x4 sales rep in Argentina. Fwiw, the rep quoted me much less than the numbers being tossed around here earlier in the thread - including shipping, duties, and paint match or powder coating.

Some of the responses he offered to my questions may be of interest.

“Front bumper weights 125 lbs, and you will be removing 40-60 lbs approximately from standard plastic bumper and some hardware. Adding a winch +60 lbs with synthetic rope or +85 wire rope. To keep same height would be recommended to add a spring spacer or replace spring for heavy duty purpose.”

“Bumper base has the universal bolt pattern for winches. Many brands are compatible. We recommend T-Max winches or Musclelift.”

“OEM parking sensor holes has no extra cost. Must be confirmed before order.”

“Wings can open/close aprox 1-2 cms. Some people prefer to fit it straight to the quarter panel, and others prefers a little wider than the body to protect it from scratches. Rhino bumpers has side brackets to the chasis to reinforce the wings.”

“For color 040, instead of color matching, we suggest White powder coat. It has a minimum difference with 040, but its cheaper and much higher quality and durability.”

Although I was sorely tempted to go this direction, ultimately chose a different path due to hesitation in time (and potential headache) associated w importing the bumper.

The op’s patience, persistence, and risk tolerance paid off in spades. Kudos, my friend; looks amazing.

Since rhino 4x4 is no longer shipping outside of Australia (seriously disappointing), I have looked at a number of different alternatives. I am currently seriously considering Ironman 4x4 loopless bumper. Would love to hear if anyone has this bumper and can provide thoughts.

That’s a bummer Rhino stopped exporting from Oz.

Fwiw, lots of good options out there. The Ironman one I didn’t consider at the time. Am sure it’s a good one, given their reputation.

If it helps, I went w MetalTech4x4 Ghost Rider flat bumper (no hoops).

294E194D-ED61-46F0-AC1B-A266EB7CD6E8.jpeg

Overall, I’ve been very pleased with it. More info here, if curious. The great thing is how many quality options we have in the 200 community.

Just did some poking around Irnoman4x4 America and Australia sites. Turns out their flat bumper for the 200 is currently 2016+. Us w the 6 speed tranny get full hoop options from Ironman.

Good looking bumper. Would ask how much spacing there is between the bumper and the fender. No cutting the bumper makes install easier, but does remove some buffer.

Good luck finding the perfect bumper for your needs. Keep us posted on your journey.

E4DAF836-36FF-4B86-B734-D3D913CB0EBB.jpeg

I did ask for a quotation from rhino 4x4 from front bumper ,with the shipping to US and they sent me around $3,782.00.
So I guess they are shipping to US now .

I did ask for a quotation from rhino 4x4 from front bumper ,with the shipping to US and they sent me around $3,782.00.
That’s good to hear. Although it’s a bit pricy I think it’s worth it. If I go the customization route it will likely be with one of these bumpers as long as they are available. I like it a lot!

Which site did you contact for purchase? I am interested as well but see it is sold in several different markets overseas. Thanks so much for the insight.

Great lookin bumper. Back in Aug 2018, I was seriously considering going down this path. Got in contact with a Rhino 4x4 sales rep in Argentina. Fwiw, the rep quoted me much less than the numbers being tossed around here earlier in the thread - including shipping, duties, and paint match or powder coating.

Some of the responses he offered to my questions may be of interest.

“Front bumper weights 125 lbs, and you will be removing 40-60 lbs approximately from standard plastic bumper and some hardware. Adding a winch +60 lbs with synthetic rope or +85 wire rope. To keep same height would be recommended to add a spring spacer or replace spring for heavy duty purpose.”

“Bumper base has the universal bolt pattern for winches. Many brands are compatible. We recommend T-Max winches or Musclelift.”

“OEM parking sensor holes has no extra cost. Must be confirmed before order.”

“Wings can open/close aprox 1-2 cms. Some people prefer to fit it straight to the quarter panel, and others prefers a little wider than the body to protect it from scratches. Rhino bumpers has side brackets to the chasis to reinforce the wings.”

“For color 040, instead of color matching, we suggest White powder coat. It has a minimum difference with 040, but its cheaper and much higher quality and durability.”

Although I was sorely tempted to go this direction, ultimately chose a different path due to hesitation in time (and potential headache) associated w importing the bumper.

The op’s patience, persistence, and risk tolerance paid off in spades. Kudos, my friend; looks amazing.
Could you send me the contact info in Argentina? I am interested in sourcing this bumper. Thanks so much!!

I would be in as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom