reverse lights not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have had my cruiser for a few months now and never noticed that the reverse lights dont work, i relaced the bulbe and tested that light end of the wires , there was no power getting to them. i tried to find the reverse switch with out luck. is it on the trans? if so where.

On the top of the tranny, passenger side.

check to make sure the wires didn't push out of the connector...that happens a lot

Ige's right about the wires in the connector...that happened to mine, too. Also, you can get at the connector from inside the cab by removing the shifter boots. Much easier than feeling around blindly from underneath!

just checked the right area and made sure the plug was sucured...i heard a snap, and all of a sudden the lights worked. thank you everyone that responed, hopefull i will be able to help you in the furture.

thanks
troy

Its is most likely the park/neutral safety switch. Trace the wires up from your tranny to where they couple by the firewall and test for voltage. My money is that the contact inside the switch is fried.

Red Herring said:
Its is most likely the park/neutral safety switch. Trace the wires up from your tranny to where they couple by the firewall and test for voltage. My money is that the contact inside the switch is fried.
Errrrrr, no Park/Neutral switch in a 60...

There is on my 61... I had to replace it. No P/N switch on gassers??? Learn something new from this board every day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom