Reverse Lights for aftermarket bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am building my Coastal Offroad rear bumper and I am trying to figure out what lights to use for the 2 holes. I will have a tire carrier which will block the factory reverse lights. At the moment, I am considering tapping into the towing wiring harness to access the switched power. I want to be sure not to overload the circuit and I don't know the wattage limit. Would something like these be okay? Amazon Lights

I am building my Coastal Offroad rear bumper and I am trying to figure out what lights to use for the 2 holes. I will have a tire carrier which will block the factory reverse lights. At the moment, I am considering tapping into the towing wiring harness to access the switched power. I want to be sure not to overload the circuit and I don't know the wattage limit. Would something like these be okay? Amazon Lights

Are you asking about the 2 holes in the Coastal bumper? If so, your D ring brackets will mount right there to support the bracket that the Bumper attaches to. There is not much clearance on the outside of each hole after that.

No, the square holes to the outside of the D-ring mounts. CO bumper

This one, yeah?

fullsizeoutput_5b4.jpeg

You can't go wrong with the Rigid Industries defuse flush mount reverse lights. I had the pod version on my 80 series and they worked very well both as reverse and work lights. There are other high quality brands as well. It does look like you have a specific cutout in your bumper and you may have a problem as the flush mounts usually bolt on the side of the cut out where your shackle flange is welded...and the shackle will impede some of the 60-80 degree sweep of the light pattern towards the center of the vehicle. If you mounted with the bolts to the top and bottom the beam angle would be vertical and not horizontal. So you may need to contact Coastal to see which lights they had in mind when the designed the bumper. Personally, I like reverse lights mounted higher on the vehicle...I'm still figuring out how to mount on a GX without having a aftermarket rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom