Resto-Mod wiring question..... (1 Viewer)

I have links to a couple of different wiring diagram resources.
Color, laminated prints - Toyota - ClassicCarWiring
Black and white downloadable - Coolerman's Electrical Schematic and FSM File Retrieval

Here's my dilemma. My 40 is more of a "Franken-40". Frame is '71, tub is '73, engine & trans is 2F / 4spd from a '76. Adding another wrinkle to the mix, is that I won't be using the stock harness...plan is to order an aftermarket harness (painless wiring or something similar).

For the color schematics, it looks like there is a schematic for '60-'71, another for '72 & '73, and then another for '74. The coolerman site breaks down the years in more detail.

So, my question is which model year schematic should I be using, if any, since I'm planning to run an aftermarket harness?

Thanks....

offrd63

Ain't you done yet!
I would think that both the 72-73, and the 74 would both be good as a reference, but with an aftermarket harness your on your own. Make good notes, you will be referring to them down the road. Good luck!

I have a Jan 1972 and I believe that I have to refer to the 1971 schematics. I think if you look at the rear brake wire colors, you can math up with the correct schematic. That's what I had to do to rewire the PO's hack job trailer plug splice that was shorting out :bang: I think they changed those colors often.

I have links to a couple of different wiring diagram resources.
Color, laminated prints - Toyota - ClassicCarWiring
Black and white downloadable - Coolerman's Electrical Schematic and FSM File Retrieval

Here's my dilemma. My 40 is more of a "Franken-40". Frame is '71, tub is '73, engine & trans is 2F / 4spd from a '76. Adding another wrinkle to the mix, is that I won't be using the stock harness...plan is to order an aftermarket harness (painless wiring or something similar).

For the color schematics, it looks like there is a schematic for '60-'71, another for '72 & '73, and then another for '74. The coolerman site breaks down the years in more detail.

So, my question is which model year schematic should I be using, if any, since I'm planning to run an aftermarket harness?

Thanks....
When anyone asks what year model mine is, I refer them to the Johnny Cash song "One Piece at a Time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom