Requesting FSM of power antenna wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rchalmers3

I speak Toyota
Threads
Playas de Nosara, Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica
I am attempting to install a factory antenna in a LJ95L Prado fitted with an aftermarket radio, however I was not able to complete the installation due to missing information about the factory antenna wiring.

The install required me to assemble a relay circuit to power the antenna up and down using a constant battery power and a radio power supply (the blue wire coming out of most heads). See the attached sketch of the polarity reversing pair of relays that I cobbled together.

The problem is that there is no apparent limit switches in the antenna motor, at least in the two pins I found that run the motor. This detail means that there is an excessive draw (6 amps) through the stalled motor when it is either all the way up or down.

The factory radio may have housed the power antenna circuitry I am missing, or there may be a separate controller. This would be good to know. I feel the current cut off circuit can be duplicated if necessary, if I could understand the antenna internal circuitry. It is a 6 pin connector and I believe someone on this board can help me suss it out.

See the green highlighted sketch of the antenna connections. Three known pins are identified and understood. They are circled.

The other three pins have no relation to the circled pins, as measured with an ohm meter in any antenna position. Also, the readings between the pins do not change with any antenna position. There is a 490k ohm resistance between the center pins at any antenna position. It is of such high impedance that a limiting diode is suspected.

Questions:

** Does anyone have experience with this issue and have a recommendation?

** Does anyone have access to the FSM to see if the antenna internal circuity is drawn?

** Is there a separate controller?

** And/or access to the FSM for the entire radio/antenna circuit?

Any assistance is appreciated,

Rick
antenna  071.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Beast I was on ToyoDIY.com today and saw exactly the dash switch you mention. Then I downloaded an online manual (cheers roscoFJ73) and found the center console switch is a three pin switch that directs a power signal to command the antenna up and down.

I ordered the switch today 84760‑60050 ($84. USD!!!) The switch is coming on a slow boat from Japan so I have 30 days to noodle out a relay to make the thing work.

I'll do a follow up post after the thing is well and done.

Rick

Reopening old post, I had a Metra antenna put in this summer and it goes up/down when the stereo is turned on/off. However, I actually just want tht antenna to go/up down with the manual buttons in the cab (rarely use the radio). I was told I need an OE antennae which I have now but not sure how to install/wire. I have the antenna relay as well.

97 LC

Any tips on how to make the antenna manual only?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom