Replacement Running Boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
danspassionforcars.blogspot.com
The running boards on my 97 LC are pretty rusty underneath and just kind of worn out. Are replacement still available or, does someone have a good 2nd hand set they're looking to get rid of?

Most just replace with sliders and be done with it. I am sure there are some in the parting out section. Search and ye shall find.

I have two sets, one from a 95 LC and one from a 96 LX. Not sure how rusty they are compared to yours. If you’re in need let me know. But yeah I second sliders over the stock steps if you’re doing any off road driving.

I have two sets, one from a 95 LC and one from a 96 LX. Not sure how rusty they are compared to yours. If you’re in need let me know. But yeah I second sliders over the stock steps if you’re doing any off road driving.
No off road driving. My wife is just 5'2" and needs something to step on to get into the car. When I'm under the car doing work, I'm just annoyed by how rusty the running boards seem to be and want to do something about it. I suppose I could remove them and try to have them sandblasted or something and then repainted, but if there are 2nd hand ones out there that are in good shape for sale, would be happy to take them off your hands.

No off road driving. My wife is just 5'2" and needs something to step on to get into the car. When I'm under the car doing work, I'm just annoyed by how rusty the running boards seem to be and want to do something about it. I suppose I could remove them and try to have them sandblasted or something and then repainted, but if there are 2nd hand ones out there that are in good shape for sale, would be happy to take them off your hands.
I’ll post some pics of them when I can get out to the shed.

Couldn’t really get to them without digging into the shed, but here are a couple pictures. Definitely not rust free but not sure how bad yours are.

0F35FE80-7953-4FA7-844C-FF0178A35039.jpeg

7BF856BC-341A-4F23-B9A8-5C8D60FBB07C.jpeg

Couldn’t really get to them without digging into the shed, but here are a couple pictures. Definitely not rust free but not sure how bad yours are.

View attachment 3098088

View attachment 3098089
Those definitely look better than mine. I'm going to crawl under mine later today and take more pictures for comparison. I'll let you know. Thanks for sending those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom