Replacement FJ60 radiator is not exact fit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81Red60

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought a CSF 2708 radiator and noticed a few issues. First the fan shroud bolts don’t match up exactly in the first photos you can see the driver side. The bottom hole is correct but the one above it is two inches too low while the top hole is 2 inches two high. The passenger side fits fine. The big issue is the radiator seems to sit about a 1/2 too high and the hood won’t now hits it. I used the exact same mounting hardware. The only change was the radiator itself. Any one run into this?

image.jpg

Maybe they shipped you the wrong radiator by accident. If it is the right one (whether it is CSF or aluminum or what have you) it should fit the mounting points and the fan shroud holes. I have had Amazon special aluminum radiators claim to be a direct fit, but definitely were not....

large_2708.jpg

So i finally figured it out. The mounts are left/right specific and I had them reversed. I figured this out while staring at the parts diagram and noticed the driver side mount had a hole in the middle between the four bolt holes. Switched it around and it fit with no issues. I still have the problem that the holes for the fan shroud dont match on the driver side but I can work around that.

Consider doing the two-part radiator shroud mod at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom