Replaced grill? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 80 is a RHD Aussie import. I noticed these three small holes on the front grill. Only thing I've ever seen that would go there is the turbo badge for the diesel models. Mine however is a gas 1FZ engine.

So my question is were all of these grills made with the holes to accommodate the turbo badge that was just left off if it wasn't applicable, or can I assume that my front grill was replaced at some point?

IMG_20210424_174540758.jpg

So my 80 is a RHD Aussie import. I noticed these three small holes on the front grill. Only thing I've ever seen that would go there is the turbo badge for the diesel models. Mine however is a gas 1FZ engine.

So my question is were all of these grills made with the holes to accommodate the turbo badge that was just left off if it wasn't applicable, or can I assume that my front grill was replaced at some point?

View attachment 2654923
Someone probably parts swapped the grille and used one from a diesel.

What year is your truck?

Based on the looking I have done, the original US grille is NLA, and superseded by a new part number, which is the grille with the holes for the turbo badge. Just looking at the condition of what I can see in your pic, my bet is your 80 got a new OEM grille in the not too distant past.

Jason

It's for the badge stating, "Aerodynamic Headlights".

But as your truck doesn't have those, the badge was removed.:rofl:

Last edited:
Based on the looking I have done, the original US grille is NLA, and superseded by a new part number, which is the grille with the holes for the turbo badge. Just looking at the condition of what I can see in your pic, my bet is your 80 got a new OEM grille in the not too distant past.

Jason
Correct.

The non- turbo grills have been discontinued for over a decade. Only grills left last I checked were the turbo diesel grills with the three holes for the “turbo” Logo. Yes your grill has been replaced. I have the the same updated part number grill on my 93.

Great, guys thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to get that turbo badge and make good use of those holes. And then of course I wouldn't want to false advertise, so I'll just have to turbo charge It. ;)

How much horsepower do you pick up by adding the badge? Asking for a friend,...

How much horsepower do you pick up by adding the badge? Asking for a friend,...
If I find one, I'll let you know, lol... It will be a lot, I'm sure. ;)

Anyone have an idea of where I can find a turbo badge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom