Replaced Front Window Regulators - Unable to Reset Window Stop Function & Both Rear Windows Inoperable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got around to changing the front window regulars and cleaned the assemblies to help with the snails pace of how they used to go up. For some reason, the passenger side will go up and then automatically go down half way (maybe the jam protection function). I checked the FSM and I am not seeing how to actually reset the window to work correctly. If I pull up before hitting the Auto Up detent, I can get it to nudge closed but I want it to work properly. Anyone have the steps to reset this feature? Hope I didn't mess up the actual assembly.

Also then noticed that my rear windows are no longer working. not from the individual switches or the master. I must have cut a wire by accident.....

I just added sound deadening and absorption mats to all the doors and was exciting to button everything up so hope this is an easy fix.

To reset the pinch protection, you need to remove the regulator from the motor and follow the FSM. It does require removing the motor from the regulator; I never found a cheat around this step.

FSM should say something like:
Remove regulator from motor. Plug in motor and operate in one direction for at least 5 seconds (or more); be careful to activate manual up/down, not auto up/down. Reassemble everything. For five times, roll window completely up and down BUT DON'T ACTIVATE THE AUTO UP/DOWN feature. (The switch should have a double detent, only go as far as the 1st detent for manual up/down). Then try auto up/down; it should now work.

If you mess up, you do have to separate the motor from regulator and start all over. Bummer, I know.

That is what I was afraid of, me and that regulator don't get along too well.

For the rear windows I bet there is a wire that broke loose in the main harness on the driver's door

Got around to changing the front window regulars and cleaned the assemblies to help with the snails pace of how they used to go up. For some reason, the passenger side will go up and then automatically go down half way (maybe the jam protection function). I checked the FSM and I am not seeing how to actually reset the window to work correctly. If I pull up before hitting the Auto Up detent, I can get it to nudge closed but I want it to work properly. Anyone have the steps to reset this feature? Hope I didn't mess up the actual assembly.

Also then noticed that my rear windows are no longer working. not from the individual switches or the master. I must have cut a wire by accident.....

I just added sound deadening and absorption mats to all the doors and was exciting to button everything up so hope this is an easy fix.

I had the same problem. I reset the pinch protection and made a thread about if you search. Its covered in detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom