Repeated, constant, "air sucking" sound audible in the interior (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is something I started noticing a few weeks ago, after getting the car back from the dealer. Every 20-30 seconds (I've timed it) there is a fairly loud sound that I can best describe as "loudly sucking in air". Seems to be originating in the driver's seat area. I pretty much don't hear it with music playing, but with audio off it's quite loud, quite annoying, and very frequent/repeatable.

What could this be?

That is the money sucker. Dealer probably left it on by accident. Just feed it a $100.

is your seat ventilator on? Is it blocked?

Haha!

Set ventilator is not on. Don't think it would be blocked, but how do I check?

Odd.

Can you try turning off the HVAC system completely and see if the noise persists?

The Mark Levinson amp is under that seat. IIRC it does have a fan. Try turning off the audio system completely (not just lower the volume). Does the noise persist?

Odd.

Can you try turning off the HVAC system completely and see if the noise persists?

The Mark Levinson amp is under that seat. IIRC it does have a fan. Try turning off the audio system completely (not just lower the volume). Does the noise persist?

Good ideas, will check both the next time I'm in the car, and will report back.

The fans are near the center of car (console side)

533E7C27-D79A-4D9B-9AE0-ED2BC022C86B.jpeg

As luck would have it, I now can't reproduce the sound. There is a similar sound still happening, but not as regularly as before, and seems to be much, much quieter. Will keep monitoring it!

You're not talking about the brakes, right? There is a wheeze inside the cabin near driver feet from braking system.

Check and make sure the far rear large Vent isn't blocked. I believe its an Intake Vent.
The one on the left hand side near the outlet in the rear of the rig.
IMG_5212.jpeg

The amount of acoustic damping for a simple intake is impressive.

You're not talking about the brakes, right? There is a wheeze inside the cabin near driver feet from braking system.

You know, I just might be. At times I thought this sound was appearing at brake time, but at other times, no, I was heading uphill and not braking while hearing the sound. I'm really doubting myself right now as I couldn't reproduce the sound yesterday, either. Maybe there are two sounds, the brake-related wheeze, and something similar, but louder, that I'm now not able to reproduce.

Check and make sure the far rear large Vent isn't blocked. I believe its an Intake Vent.
The one on the left hand side near the outlet in the rear of the rig.View attachment 2338495

I do have a lot of soft-bag gear right there in front of this vent. I don't think my gear is fully blocking the vent, but I suppose it might be possible as things shift around.

Will keep monitoring...

The amount of acoustic damping for a simple intake is impressive.

No kidding. I wish the ducts in my home HVAC system had that level of noise dampening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom