Removing rear mudflaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone done this? how does it look? anyone have pictures.

I tore one, so I just cut the bottom part off of both. Here is a side picture.
IMG_1033.JPG

I did it. The factory mud flap holds the bumper wing in place so I fab some sheet metal to hold it all together. I can shoot pictures in the light and post them if needed. The look is clean but more important you eliminate the risk of dropping off a rock and allowing the mud flap push the bumper wing into the body.

I cut mine off today. i kept the plastic portion that holds the bumper wing in place on there. Looks better.

I tore one, so I just cut the bottom part off of both. Here is a side picture.
WOW! That looks GREAT!!! What tool did you use to make such a clean looking cut? Have any photos from the rear and other angles??? I've been wanting to do something like that to mine, and yours lets me know what can be done.......

WOW! That looks GREAT!!! What tool did you use to make such a clean looking cut? Have any photos from the rear and other angles??? I've been wanting to do something like that to mine, and yours lets me know what can be done.......

No other pics right now. I could take some, but all I did was use a dremel with a small cutting wheel. Just cut along the seam where the flap straightens out. Took about 5 minutes! Thanks, I like the look as well!

bwbski - use the image tag option from p-bucket so we can veiw the photos in real time and not have the click through - just a suggestion.

how do i use that image tag thing

oh cool. thanks blair, didnt realize it was that easy. these are the first pics i put up here.

Some before and afters. I'm all after now. The TJM rear bumper accommodates them in design, but I took them off. I shredded them and the front pretty good wheeling. Pre and post sliders, AO Roof Rack, PIAAs and MTs!

I don't miss them MTs...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom