removing OEM side steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Removing the factory side steps this weekend, what are my options for the front and rear fenders/flaps. I know with the steps removed the fenders looks chopped off where they meet the steps. Does anyone sell small plastic caps/nubs to complete the fender transition, and still allow for sliders to fit and look good. i saw a thread the other day where(slee) has a cap of sort at the rear fenders, but unable to find them on his site for purchase.
Any ideas?

Chris
94LC

Front OEM mud flaps, $60.19 each. The rear extension you refer to is a left-over from the factory running boards. The flaps will need to be trimmed to clear the Slee Sliders.

Cdan, I understand removing the steps and adding a mud flap up front that ties in with the fender, but lost you on the rear. So the left over is another part, i.e. cap that needs to be trimmed for the slider?? So the front mud flaps are ok for a Slee slider?

Chris

AZ, here is a pic of what it will look like. Remove the mudflaps when wheeling. Sleeick :D
Sean

[quote author=AZcruiser link=board=2;threadid=5706;start=msg45291#msg45291 date=1064615970]
Removing the factory side steps this weekend, what are my options for the front and rear fenders/flaps. I know with the steps removed the fenders looks chopped off where they meet the steps. Does anyone sell small plastic caps/nubs to complete the fender transition, and still allow for sliders to fit and look good. i saw a thread the other day where(slee) has a cap of sort at the rear fenders, but unable to find them on his site for purchase.
Any ideas?
Chris
94LC
[/quote]

If you look at the first two pictures on this page you will see what can be done. We take the L shapes running board plastic end cap and cut it to clear the slider. That way the flare looks finished. Since it does not hang down below the slider it works well off-road.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/80_sliders.htm

Thanks Cristo, forgot about the "details" link next to the part on the site.
BTW. curious to know if you'll have the new 2" receiver add-on tested for towing. Is this something you can do or too much of a liabilty risk? Assuming it would be safe for towing(w/ "heavy duty" bumper) jet skis but maybe not a ski boat.

Chris
94LC

Now I see what you guys are talking about. :doh:
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom