removing 1hd-ft injectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it too tight,your tube spanner not long enough?:confused:

Reviving old thread...
slide hammer was brilliant. Only took a few tippy-taps. I did have to make a shorter slide hammer in order to get the last couple injectors. Only other way would be to remove the hood.

All I'm going to remove the injectors for my 1HD-FT. Is there any advice for this? Please let me know if there are any sources, e.g. website, a video showing this.
Thanks.

You can flip the retainers and tap them to ease them out. Twisting with a 10mm wrench works too. No slide hammer needed the two times I've done it. Details here:

*edit*

I just looked at FT injectors and they might be different. Fingers crossed that info still helps.

yep, slide hammer :)

F47883CB-475A-494B-9017-C37256150425.jpeg

E9F06298-92EB-4416-997E-BE8C9194CB4C.jpeg

I did my FT injectors two years ago, I was never able to find any relevant information to watch or read, they're not a terribly common engine. I followed the FSM and it all made sense as things were opened up. You can see what I posted about starting in this post of my build thread:

Builds - Mail Order Ride - My HDJ81

I remember building my own slide hammer out of some all thread and a loose sleeve of pipe, that way it was short enough to do the #6 injector (the hood gets in the way, as mentioned a few posts up). Spend some extra time and build a piece of plywood with spacers under it so you can safely lay down on top of the engine bay while working, you'll be up there for quite some time getting bolts at the back. I did not, and ended up with a big mess of bruises on my abdomen and chest after laying across stuff for hours.

I did my FT injectors two years ago, I was never able to find any relevant information to watch or read, they're not a terribly common engine. I followed the FSM and it all made sense as things were opened up. You can see what I posted about starting in this post of my build thread:

Builds - Mail Order Ride - My HDJ81

I remember building my own slide hammer out of some all thread and a loose sleeve of pipe, that way it was short enough to do the #6 injector (the hood gets in the way, as mentioned a few posts up). Spend some extra time and build a piece of plywood with spacers under it so you can safely lay down on top of the engine bay while working, you'll be up there for quite some time getting bolts at the back. I did not and ended up with a big mess of bruises on my abdomen and chest after laying across stuff for hours.
Hi! Can you sketch a diagram to show the little slide hammer? I planned to make one. Or is there any tool in the market for this? Thanks.

Hi! Can you sketch a diagram to show the little slide hammer? I planned to make one. Or is there any tool in the market for this? Thanks.

There is a picture of it in the build thread that I linked, along with descriptions of most of what I was doing at the time. It was seriously just a bolt welded to the end of a piece of ready rod, a chunk of steel tube and a nut and washers.

Today I removed one injector. So strange that the washers are disappeared! I have tried to find but not a success. Is it sucked very tight? How can I remove the washers? Thanks for any advice.

IMG_20200424_204052.jpg

IMG_20200424_204115.jpg

They’re still in there at the bottom of the hole. I used a dental pick to pop a couple of mine out that were stubborn.

They’re still in there at the bottom of the hole. I used a dental pick to pop a couple of mine out that were stubborn.
That one has been removed. It was fell off of the engine head! Now I still have some washers need to be removed. I will try a dental pick. Thanks.

All,
The new nozzle injector will arrive soon. I will install all part back to the position. What is the right procedure or anything I have to aware first?

How to wash the injector sleeve of cylinder before putting the injectors?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom