Remote start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I though all gx460s have remote start and it just has to be enabled by the dealership.

I connected techstream and didn't see remote engine start option but I have seen it in a picture online. Will it be in techstream? I think I need to select another setting at the program start up. Under select "option" radar cruise vs other option ( I selected other) Do all GXs have remote start hardware installed?

If so what category is the option under?

2011 GX with TS v12 maybe I need version 13

Last edited:
You need the remote start module. You can get a factory module or an aftermarket. I believe they both function the same way.

You need the remote start module. You can get a factory module or an aftermarket. I believe they both function the same way.

Yeah that sucks, my truck came with it already installed and I just had to turn it on. Was hoping this had it. Seems like a cheap module they should have just put in to make a quick $300 at the dealerships.

12V Solution seems compelling but an option that wasn't there or unknown several years ago... I lucked out and got a OEM for less than $100 a few years back and installed myself. RES installs on '10-'15 models.

Post 48 and forward

RES Install

s_l1600_fb60ddec16fa9df7294319abdf3d1f1fb69079b3.jpg

s_l1600_f835bdb99fb9bb8e574e9b0dcf35570899e153f2.jpg

12V Solution seems compelling... I lucked out and got a OEM for less than $100 a few years back and installed myself. RES installs on '10-'15 models.

Post 48 and forward

s_l1600_fb60ddec16fa9df7294319abdf3d1f1fb69079b3.jpg

s_l1600_f835bdb99fb9bb8e574e9b0dcf35570899e153f2.jpg

I'm surprised it even need a wiring harness. I figured it would be like the crawl control module. Plug and play into wiring already there.

My truck stays locked and running for up to 30 minutes. Encase I go into a store and the dog is with me I can turn it on and run in for the milk or something quickly. If someone hits the brake pedal it turns off, so locked and running is perfect.

The GX auto turns off so if someone walks up with the dog inside to look at her they would turn off the AC if they touch the handle. Seems dangerous for the dog esp in the FL sun.

'16+ includes the hardware but requires an Enform subscription. Still not sure what they plan to do for those '16-'18 owners when the 3G it relies on goes offline after October 2022. Perhaps they will give them free local remote start for free? No discussions about any hardware retrofits at this point. This issue encompasses more than Lexus.

Anyone have any ideas about getting just the V4 harness for the RES module? The modules are cheap cheap used, but dont appear to come with the harness...

I’m using the 12Vsolutions setup and for ~$200, I’m very happy with it. Plug and play, so like the option you’re considering but piss poor directions included, but you can figure it out. Easy to undo if ever an issue. Overall, recommend.

At least my GX460 has it from the factory, our $87K LC doesn't, insanely stupid.

Does anyone know the part number for the v4 harness? I have the module but no harness.
2012 gx460

Hi All,
Any one installed OEM remote engine start kit for 2015 GX 460. I am following the install instructions, but could not find the 1P RES diagnostic connectors from the vehicle. I searched in the passenger cowl area, but could not find.
Any one who installed this, could you please guide me.
Thanks.
Sam

Hi All,
Any one installed OEM remote engine start kit for 2015 GX 460. I am following the install instructions, but could not find the 1P RES diagnostic connectors from the vehicle. I searched in the passenger cowl area, but could not find.
Any one who installed this, could you please guide me.
Thanks.
Sam
Where can I find directions? I just got the OEM factory remote starter as a xmas gift. I am hoping to install this myself :(

I am hoping the directions are close to the 12v solutions directions i see on youtube

If it is OEM you will need Techstream to install

If it is like the IS350 you have to get a paid subscription from Lexus in order to enable remote start. I think it was $20-30/month. Not worth it... Lexus sells this crap to baby boomers who don't know any better.

If it is like the IS350 you have to get a paid subscription from Lexus in order to enable remote start. I think it was $20-30/month. Not worth it... Lexus sells this crap to baby boomers who don't know any better.
Mine is prioryear to the subscription i believe?

Mine is prioryear to the subscription i believe?
Dunno when it started. My IS was 2017. Nice car, terrible MPG, seats were not comfy on trips at all... sold it and had enough $ to buy both a Prius and and S2000. So now I have both a more fun car, and a more practical comfy car.

Instructions to install RES for the 10-15 460

Whoop! Happy accident today, was on the ladder cleaning the entry to the house, and went in to the garage to get something. Ran inside to ask the wife why she started the car and left it running. Must've accidently hit the right sequence on the fob in my pocket while on the ladder, and, BAM! Remote start! 2011. Tried it a few more times to confirm, and yep, after that super-long press and hold of the lock button, it starts right up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom