Relocating to DC area. Thoughts on rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took mines to Automotive Protection Services in Fairfax a few days ago for their undercoating treatment, as an essential employee I have to drive in such conditions. Hopefully I can find a clean 80 rust free from the west coast for cheap and sort of pamper and baseline it while I beat the current one.

A few before and after pics, overall satisfied with the work but time will tell if it prevents further rust.

20180821_090242.jpg

20180821_090248.jpg

20180821_090306.jpg

20180821_085842.jpg

20180821_090418.jpg

That looks pretty good. Did they just undercoat it or did they blast/treat the rust first?

What’d that run?

They had to scrap the loose paint and rust and sprayed some type of rust eliminator then undercoated. Feels kind of sticky but the whole thing was just shy under a grand including labor, and rust prevention in the door cavities (150$) an extra option. So would of just cost about 800$ just for the treatment (4hrs of srapping, rust eliminator and coating). Also I can go every year and do a "touch up" for under 100$. A little expensive side but worth it in my case as time was a factor, also it was pouring and hot around here. Also gives me more time to baseline the truck hoses, fluids, brakes and now AC lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom