RedArc Trailer Brake Controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All, probably a stupid question, but when is the supplied gray washer/spacer used on our 200s using available blanks and adapter? I assume it is for spacing to achieve desired clearance and allow the button to be pushed etc. but half of you guys use it, half do not. What’s the consensus? (My hyper accurate* search of posted photos led me to this bold claim!)

fwiw I installed it initially but felt the button press wasn’t as ‘crisp’ and felt it was creating interference, so photo shown is as installed currently. Am I crazy for this method?!?

View attachment 2427071
Don't know what the consensus will be, but I used it. I do remember that I need to make the hole for the small pin a little bigger, in it or the switch blank, with a drill bit when I did my install.

I did not use it. Works as designed. Maybe ask redarc?

Does it allow you to set an index mark so you know visually what you have dialed in?

All, probably a stupid question, but when is the supplied gray washer/spacer used on our 200s using available blanks and adapter? I assume it is for spacing to achieve desired clearance and allow the button to be pushed etc. but half of you guys use it, half do not. What’s the consensus? (My hyper accurate* search of posted photos led me to this bold claim!)

fwiw I installed it initially but felt the button press wasn’t as ‘crisp’ and felt it was creating interference, so photo shown is as installed currently. Am I crazy for this method?!?

View attachment 2427071
As @CharlieS suggested, I emailed @Brucey from RedArc and got my answer! For those using the switch blank insert (and not directly mounted to another panel) you do NOT want to use the grey spacer / washer.

I’m attaching the installation pdf (see step 3) provided by Mark and team @RedArc - great customer service for such a fast reply btw!

(note - I don’t mean to imply if skipping the switch blank install location that you “must” use the grey washer / spacer but am only confirming it is not needed in the switch blank with adapter)

Attachments

• TPSI-001_Fitting_instructions.pdf
    775.2 KB · Views: 94
Kevin, just FYI, I also did NOT use that washer though it confused me as well. I came to the same conclusion as you did as I did a similar install.

That said, I am having an issue with the Redarc that is preventing me from using it (and therefore preventing me from going camping though over the past couple of weeks here in Oregon there has been no place to go camping due to the wildfires!)

I posted the write up my issue here. Trailer Brake Controller Connector

Maybe I should move/copy it to this thread as it is specific to the Redarc controller?

Dan

As @CharlieS suggested, I emailed @Brucey from RedArc and got my answer! For those using the switch blank insert (and not directly mounted to another panel) you do NOT want to use the grey spacer / washer.

I’m attaching the installation pdf (see step 3) provided by Mark and team @RedArc - great customer service for such a fast reply btw!

(note - I don’t mean to imply if skipping the switch blank install location that you “must” use the grey washer / spacer but am only confirming it is not needed in the switch blank with adapter)
Great work Kevin, thank you! Cheers...

An alternative I have not seen suggested...this is where I put mine (LX570). Easy to see. Easy to reach. Hidden when not in use. And I never use the cigarette lighter.

63615992770__505A502A-8913-498C-8EF5-CF0FE590E003.jpg
IMG_5667.jpg
IMG_5665.jpg
IMG_5666.jpg

Thanks! Inaugural tow. Did great. The Redarc was making me a little nervous in that it calibrated for a long time...but then worked perfectly.

IMG_5672.jpg
IMG_5671.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom