Redarc Tow Pro Elite question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a tow pro elite quite a bit ago in my 200 series and finally getting around to using It.

I can switch between proportional (blue) and manual (green), although the green seems harder to see. When braking I don’t see that the illumination is turning red, nor does the over-ride seem to be working. All the lights are working on the trailer and I know the brakes work - have used on another vehicle and can hold the vehicle in place when using the Ford standard override.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

B

Have you tried adjusting the “gain” upwards, using the dial?
On mine,I find that anything below about 4 is difficult to sense. 5-6 is a sweet spot, and 7+ locks up the trailer tires too easily.
As for the red not showing up, I think the color shift is proportional to your foot pressure on the brakes.
If you’re just lightly applying the brakes, maybe your color isn’t shifting. Try a firmer brake push.

moved the gain all the way to 10 (waiting for an 11 joke) And nothing. tried to Have the trailer hold the truck and nothing.

When I do the same thing in the F350 with same trailer, trailer will hold the truck. Will switch trailers to see if jus the two don’t like each other, but will also probably reset the Redarc and start over

Maybe try a volt meter on the 7-pin connector (truck-side) to see if it’s energized?
The trailer-brake pin is at the 5:00 position (truck-side connector), and at the 7:00 position on the trailer-side connector.

Ensure you’ve calibrated it. It can take upwards of 20 minutes sometimes if you’ve unplugged your battery and begin driving again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom