REDARC 50 AMP VS 40 AMP, WHICH IS BETTER? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at the red arc BCDC1250D vs the BCDC1240D, the 50 amp vs the 40 amp.

How much faster would the 50 amp recharge the aux batteries when they are down vs the 40 amp?

If I have 2 AGM batteries (800 cranking amp, not deep cell), main and aux up front in the engine bay and a smaller Lithium 40 ah in the cargo area and I'm planning to add a solar 100 watt panel.

I have camp lights, radios, small charges (flash lights etc..) a 2000 watt invertor, and ARB 63 qrt fridge running off the lithium and engine aux battery.
The invertor is sparingly used, it mainly the fridge 24/7.

Where is the best place to mount this BCDC charger? I have a LC200 with those ARB boxes in the back cargo area.

Which battery are you planning on charging with the BCDC? Engine aux AGM or the Lithium in the cab? One BCDC unit can’t charge both of those batteries simultaneously.

without digging in, both of these appear way bigger than needed for a 100W panel. And ample for a 40Ah house battery unless you are in a hurry. Why so big?

Currently I have the aux AGM and the Lithium 40 amp hr in parallel as a battery bank running my fridge and gear.
My plan is to have the BCDC just recharge the lithium, and just the lithium power the 63 arb fridge and camp lights and some chargers for gear.

I was wondering if the 50 would charge the lithium faster?

That is could a short trip during the day would recharge the lithium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom