Red Cone and Radical Hill, Sunday October 4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That muddy spot with a rock in the middle has gotten a lot tougher over the years. Winched a four door 3/4 ton Chevy on 35's off of it last year. You're actually supposed to drive over the rocks on the drivers side, but you have to have a lightweight rig with lots of flex. :D

Huh - I'd have to see that I guess. Though an 80 isn't a lightweight rig by any stretch. Greg said he had no problem with it when it was dry a week or so ago.

I put my DS tire up on that big rock and drove right up over it. Drug the rear sway bar mount on the way down the far side. I do have 315's though so that might help a bit. You guys got some really good pictures. The pics of the final descent actually managed to capture how steep this thing is. Props to your camera guy for a great shot.

I put my DS tire up on that big rock and drove right up over it. Drug the rear sway bar mount on the way down the far side. I do have 315's though so that might help a bit. You guys got some really good pictures. The pics of the final descent actually managed to capture how steep this thing is. Props to your camera guy for a great shot.

If I'm understanding you right, that's the line we took. But it got hung up on the radius arm - another inch or so and dryer ground might have made a difference.

@EricG who's red 80 series is that and what bumper is it ? That thing is sweet, would love to see some more pics.
Thanks - that's mine. The bumper is from Redline. Not sure if they sell them anymore - I think they're more of a full resto shop now, and of course the FJ-Ute!

I got a few shots...This was an epic trail. Awesome scenery. Work has interfered with me making this run the last 2 years, so I'm really glad I made it out this time.

It's not letting me upload photos, I'll try again in a minute.:meh:

DSC_0069_small.jpg
The gatekeeper kicks the back end out to the right. This would have been better if it was dry.

Reactions: SAS
Nice pix, thanks for posting them. Wish I could have made it, but as you know, sometimes it just doesn't work that way.

I'd love to bring a couple of the TAC members up there next year and run this with you guys. Maybe I could actually convince the wife to go with me this time if I promised to get us a room in Breckenridge. Though, when she saw the picture of that 40 series making the final descent, she told me "F$%# that" .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom