Recommended Tuscaloosa mechanics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anybody recommend a mechanic in Tuscaloosa? Looking for someone that is reputable, affordable, and willing to work on an OBD1 Land Cruiser. The last mechanic that was recommended told me it would cost about 85 to hook up a scanner and then told me there wasn't much he could do when I told him it wasn't OBD2 and wasn't throwing any codes. I'm trying to troubleshoot a rough idle and bad acceleration with no luck.

Can anybody recommend a mechanic in Tuscaloosa? Looking for someone that is reputable, affordable, and willing to work on an OBD1 Land Cruiser. The last mechanic that was recommended told me it would cost about 85 to hook up a scanner and then told me there wasn't much he could do when I told him it wasn't OBD2 and wasn't throwing any codes. I'm trying to troubleshoot a rough idle and bad acceleration with no luck.
Most of us are in Bham, but maybe Clay @TachedOutOffRoad can chime in since he's in Tuscaloosa.

I work on my own stuff usually and for major repairs I have an old friend that helps me, but he doesn’t really have a shop. I’ll see where he says to go, but any real shop will charge $85-110an hour easily.

Im out of town a lot, but I can try to help one afternoon. I get a FSM or look on mud for most things.

PMimg you my #

Dana on crescent ridge does cruisers, mostly 40s but I have seen a 60, 80 and a couple of rovers there before

Google Maps

I almost t-boned my old 40 when it pulled out in front of me from reeds. We used to take a lot of stuff there but I havnt been there in a very long time now. Google Maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom